This baseball season Alexander has really struggled with hitting the ball. There's been so many times that he's been up at the plate and really wanted (and needed) to hit the ball for his team and he struck out. He's hated feeling like he let his team down. However, in the last few games he has been hitting pretty consistently. Last night he got up to the plate with the bases loaded. He'd already hit the ball once so I imagine he was feeling somewhat confident that he could hit it (confidence is about 75% of his problem). He hit a line drive right past the third baseman and got a GRAND SLAM!!! It wasn't even on errors - he made it all the way home just in time (man that kid is fast). It was such an awesome, proud moment for Ian and I. Most of all, I was happy for Alexander. It was so cool to watch his team come out and congratulate him. Listening to the replay by Alexander on the way home I kept thinking that every kid needs to feel like a hero once in a while. Way to go Alex - YOU ROCK!!!!
Saturday, June 2, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I was on top of the world when Alex crushed that ball! Most of the time I just sit there remembering the sounds and smells of the game, and I want to suit up and get out there and play with them---'fat man in little(baseball) suit'. tee hee...anyway, I know he will remember that feeling forever. Some of my fondest memories were from my baseball days. I'm sooooo happy! Love Ian.
Way to go Zander!! I should have been coming to your games - they sound exciting!!
Post a Comment