
One of the reasons why we chose the charter school my boys go to is the excellent art program there. They have come home with such beautiful pieces of art that they created themselves. They've learned about Vincent Van Gogh, Monet, Winslow Homer, Georgia O'Keefe (just to name a few...) plus Native American art and pottery. I have been meaning to frame some of their art work for a while and was at IKEA yesterday and picked up 2 frames. I chose my favorite piece of Alex's (a pastel version of Monet's lilypads that he created in kindergarten) and my favorite of Ben's (a watercolor flower he did when they were studying Georgia O'Keefe). Ian matted, framed and hung them last night. The boys were so proud! Max wanted a piece of his artwork to hang up but I told him he'd have to attend school first. He replied, "Nevermind".
**Note: Sorry about the reflection of the camera flash on the pictures but I wasn't about to take them out of their frames!

1 comment:
Oh, Sheri, what wonderful pictures! They are talented boys!!
Post a Comment