(if you saw the before picture you'd really be impressed!)Ian has had the past few weeks off work and it's been really nice. It's just great having another adult around to talk to and to help with the kids. He decided he was going to try and get some things done around the house. The thing I wanted him to do the most (besides the front yard) is the trim around the front door. I just can't stand looking at that beautiful door with yellow drywall coming out around the edges. It ruins the door for me. So last week he made a trip to Lowe's and picked up the trim and some stain. He got somewhat of a rocky start because he didn't have the right saw to cut the wood into an arch, but luckily Dan Taylor (a woodworker who rents space from my dad) let him use his band saw. After much cutting, sanding and staining - he finally finished. I must say he did a wonderful job! It's so nice having a husband who is handy around the house....
Today is his birthday - so I thought I'd list 10 things I love about Ian (in no particular order):
- His sense of humor
- He's a great dad (Poltergeist notwithstanding...)
- He works hard
- He can fix almost anything
- He loves me no matter what
- He has faith & believes in God
- He loves doing things with his kids
- He takes time to teach his children important things
- He cooks and CLEANS!!!
- His sense of adventure
It's funny a few weeks ago we were talking to the kids and they asked how old we were. I immediately said "26". Where did THAT come from? Ian looked at me and burst out laughing...Really I forget my age! I think most of us feel a lot younger than we actually are! Anyway...if you have a minute e-mail Ian and wish him Happy Birthday! (iidogg@aol.com).
No comments:
Post a Comment