Sunday, June 3, 2007

Joy


When we just had 2 kids Ian used to say that Alexander was our pride and Benjamin was our joy. Well, we've obviously expanded our clan, but Ben is still the heart of our family. He is such a wonderful, caring kid. He helps me so much with Evan and with Max. He always wants everyone to be happy and to get along. I remember growing up, my older sister Kim was the same way. Maybe it's a second child thing? Ben is definitely the peacemaker and peacekeeper of our house.
One of my favorite images of Ben is him with his arm around Max showing him how to do something. He's helped Max ride his scooter, catch a baseball, build a bionicle, play a video game...he's such a great big brother! Ben also has what I can only describe as an infectous laugh and I LOVE to hear it. He has a great sense of humor. Ian can always shake Ben's bad moods by cracking a joke. It makes me so proud to watch him grow and see what a outstanding kid he is!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was just waiting for one of your blogs to focus on Ben. :) I sure do miss him since our kindergarten year together last year. It has been fun to see how much he has grown and hear what you guys are doing. Thanks so much for doing this blog and keeping in touch. Ben, I hope you had a terrific year in first grade. What are your plans for the summer? We hope to be in AZ in July so maybe I'll stop by and see you all at school, that is, if it has alreay started again. BTW, when is your first day back? Thanks again for sharing!
Pam (a.k.a. Mrs. Feather)