Friday, June 1, 2007

Travis





My favorite band right now is Travis. Years ago I was reading a magazine and there was a review on a alternative rock band from Glasglow. Already I knew Ian would be hooked because he loves almost everything Scottish (since his mother was born and raised there). On a whim we bought their second c.d. "The Man Who" which has one of my favorite all time songs on it "Driftwood". After they released their third album they toured and came to Phoenix and we went with Jason and Tiffany. I have to say it was probably my favorite concert EVER! It was a small venue and Fran (the lead singer) played a song on stage all by himself using only his acoustic guitar. It was so cool (for lack of a better word) - I felt like he was singing directly to me. I think I listened to that song on the cd for the next month, picturing the concert in my head.

I was a little disappointed by their fourth c.d. since it had a "Parental Advisory Lyric" label on it. Come On!!!! What good is music you can't listen to in the car with your children? Anyway, they just released their 5th c.d. and it was love at first listen. My kids are loving it too, which is makes it even more wonderful. My favorite song is "Battleships". It's a mellow, catchy tune with lyrics that make me reminice....


O.k. I promise not to blog about my musical tastes again for long time (unless another great c.d. comes out, ofcourse...)








3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sheri, you are so cool. Of course, you already know that. I'm not going to say much about your Blog, but the Travis concert was "moving"???? Could you get any cheesier? Much Love-Brian

Sheri said...

It might sound cheesy but I couldn't think of a better word and Evan was crying!!! come on, give me props where they are deserved!

Anonymous said...

You're right...You deserve all the props in the world. To raise 4 boys, work for your dad, be a member of the PTA, and still have time to blog???? It's amazing! By the way, don't worry about the last 10 pounds, you look great! "B"