My sister-in-law Tricia calls me this morning and leaves me a message. It goes something like this, "Sheri! Did you see "So You Think You Can Dance"? If not, I Ti-Voed it! Can you believe Lacey - in the Mia Michaels number? I want to take a dance class! Call me..."
I promptly call her back and leave her a message, "I saw it and if you can find a dance studio that takes middle-aged women trying to relive their glory days, count me in!"
For those of you who haven't seen this show, it's not too late! It stomps all over American Idol! Basically there is an audition process and then the judges pick the top ten males and top ten females. Then each person gets a partner and they learn a different genre of dance every week and have to perform for the judges. And so on (you all know the drill). We watched it last summer and were so excited when our top two males favorites Travis & Benji made it to the finals. I did want Travis to win (hello - that Mia Michaels dance with Heidi - SPECTACULAR!) and the whole Tranji dance ruled, but oh, well Benji was pretty great too. Anyway, last night's show blew me away (o.k. enough with the italics). My favorite numbers where the 2 hip-hops dances choreographed by Shane Sparks, the vaudeville number choreographed by Wade Robson and of course, the Mia Michaels dance - it was so beautiful and emotional. I also enjoyed the ballroom dance to the Nora Jones song - they were floating! Anyway, Ian loves it too so you can watch with your husband. It's on Wednesday's 7-9 on FOX and Thursday night is the result show (I think it starts at 8). Watch! You won't be sorry!
And if any of you know of a place with adult dance lessons - e-mail me or call me! I am interested!
Thursday, June 14, 2007
So You Think You Can Dance...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I so agree with everything you said. I think Travis should have won last year. I think all of Mia Michaels routines are amazing. I really like Wade's routines, as well. This is one of the few shows Jon watches with me. In fact, he asks almost every day if the show is on!
I'm telling you -it's my favorite show on t.v. I wish you lived here so you could take a dance class with us!
Oh, I totally want to take a dance class. I'm trying to talk Jon into it, but he's not to keen about it. He'd rather just watch.
Post a Comment