Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Finally Four!

I had to make this picture bigger because it's so Max. It's like he's
plotting an evil take over...


We finally celebrated Max's birthday today. Mind you his birthday isn't until Sunday but he has been bugging me about his birthday party since Ben's birthday (which was in December). We couldn't figure out when to do the party because someone was always going to be out-of-town. Ian had today off and everyone was here so we had it today. I wish we would've done it in the morning and got it over with but nooooooo I had to hear "When is my party?" all day (and all week for that matter - in fact Ian asked me "When is Max's party?" yesterday before work just to be funny). We just had a small celebration because when I asked Max who he wanted to invite to his birthday he promptly listed all of Alexander's and Ben's friends and quickly added his friend Liam and the "J" boys (as we call them) at the end. Liam and the "J" boys are on vacation so we decided to just have a small family party. We opened presents first, of course, and then played in the pool, had a water slide, played with water guns and had a somewhat pathetic water balloon fight. Ian and Kim were a little irritated by the dismal water balloon fight because they had spent ALOT of time filling the balloons - oh well, Addy and Max had fun throwing them at the ground. Some of his favorite things he got for his birthday were: Silver Surfer, a Spiderman costume that you can turn inside out and be black Spiderman (oh the hilarity that followed...), Transformers, Reese's Peanut Butter Cups (you laugh but the boy LOVES those) and some Spiderman playing cards. At the end we shot off rocket balloons in the front yard - the boys were playing "3 flies up" with those (Dallin & Alex will turn anything into a sport). It was easy, fun and I know a good time was had by all (including Evan - check him out eating his cupcake).

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sorry we were the lame-o's out of town. Looks like you had fun regardless! Tell Max I really want to borrow his costume. Seriously cool!

Sheri said...

We really missed you guys! I hope you are having a great time in Boston!