One of my close friends experienced a tragedy this week. As I cried with her, I wished with every part of my being that I could take away her pain even for an instant. As I have prayed and prayed for her and her family I have wished that I could comfort them how they need to be comforted.
But I can't.
I wonder why I spend so much of time being impatient or angry or bothered or judgemental. I wonder why inconsequential things concern me or stress me out. Why I let these things invade my conscience when they cause me to lose sight of what is really important.
I am so thankful for prayer. For my faith. I am thankful for hugs. And kisses. And kind words.
Most of all I am thankful that I know that God lives and that we are a part of a bigger plan.
I cling to that knowledge.