Before I continue with the festivities of the past week and half, I want to write some of my resolutions. Or goals for the new year.
Being shut in a cabin for 3 days will cause some heavy introspection, let me tell you. Ian kept the boys occupied most of the time, so it was just me and my thoughts (plus my book and Evan whispering secrets to me every few minutes). The past year has been rough. One full of disappointments, stress, depression and inadequacies. I have learned that only person who will never disappoint me or let me down is the Savior.
I find myself getting hurt or upset by things that I cannot control or change. And it frustrates me. I don't want to depend on other people for my happiness. This year I want to become more calm, confident in who I am and more secure. I want to:
1. Be a better wife. Spend more alone time with Ian.
2. Be a better mother. Make time for my children. Encourage them, love them and be more patient with them.
3. Serve more. Look for opportunities to help other people. And find joy in serving.
4. Become more spiritual by studying my scriptures daily. And by relying on the Lord.
5. Mostly I just want to be happy with who I am and all of the blessings I have.
P.S. I just want to give a little shout out to my husband. Who keeps me sane. Who always wants to hang with me. I love him so much.
Monday, January 3, 2011
Introspection
Posted by
Sheri
at
12:58 PM
Labels: New Years goals