When I was a kid we would always travel through Salt River Canyon when we went to Show Low. I hate going that way. I think it's because my dad used to torment us by either (a) turning off the car's headlights if it was night or (b) pulling up to the highest lookout and telling us a story about how a group of nuns accidentally drove their car off that lookout and then he would "accidentally" put the car in reverse and we would all scream our heads off. Seriously.

On Wednesday when we left for the Lodge, snow was predicted and there was a severe weather watch for the rim and Payson area. Therefore we had to go the Salt River route.

It started to snow shortly before we got to the canyon. It was freezing. But of course the boys needed to stop to go to the bathroom. I love having boys. We never have to actually find a bathroom. It's awesome.

I took all of these pictures from the warm car.

For some reason Ben thinks that flip flops and shorts are o.k. in 30 degree weather as long as he's wearing his beanie.

It pretty much snowed the whole way up past Salt River, but we made it! After being at the cabin for a few hours this is what our van looked like:

The boys were in heaven. And I learned something about myself.
I like freedom.
And I like the freedom of being able to get in my car and go to Target.