Monday, January 31, 2011

Trashed

Last Sunday, in between lots of craziness going on...I cleaned Evan and Max's room. And I did most of it while everyone was at church so that I could throw toys that were missing legs, arms and/or heads in the trash. You'd be amazed at how much my children are attached to certain toys- no matter what their condition. I blame it on their father, who is a certified pack rat.

Don't deny it Ian!

This year for his birthday, Evan received a new Buzz and a new Woody. Who he carries with him most everywhere, by the way. Our old Buzz (which was originally Xander's I think) had been defaced multiple times and now looks like a scary drunken Buzz with a days worth of stubble. Woody is in bad shape too and is about to lose multiple limbs.

So...in the trash they went. Well, Ian had the next day off work and I guess he likes to rummage through the trash on his days off because when I got home from somewhere I noticed that old Buzz and Woody were sitting on the trash can. I have to admit, seeing them there did cause me a moment of guilt. But I quickly got over it when I thought of the amount of "sentimental" but useless stuff I have laying around.
Then Ian gave me a lecture about the message of Toy Story. No Toy Left Behind! I think he was half way serious.

I guess next time I need to bury what I throw away a little deeper in the trash.