Sunday, January 23, 2011

Happy Birthday

Today my dad turned 63. We had him and my mom over for dinner. The menu included: steak, scallops, shrimp, mashed potatoes, asparagus, rolls and salad. I just have to give a little shout out to Ian who grilled the steaks to perfection and who makes a mean scallop.


After dinner my dad played cards with Evan and Max while the rest of us cleaned up.

Then we got out the cake. You know - that Costco chocolate cake that is sooo rich but sooo good. If you want a taste, come over tomorrow - we have left-overs. Xander put the candles on it.


Blowin' out the candles:
Of course my dad didn't have the cake, because I made him his favorite - dark chocolate and walnut brownies :)

Then my parents taught us how to play 5 Crowns. We had so much fun that I will be going to Game Daze tomorrow to get the game for us. I lost (big time) but still had a blast playing.

Happy birthday to the best dad in the world!