You know when you start your day 1 hour behind? You wake up a little late, and it's all down hill from there...so everything snowballs and you find yourself at Snip-Its at 12:30 waiting to get your 5-year old and 23 month-old's hair cut? Let me just also mention that the 23 month old usually takes a nap around 12:15. You do the math. To say there was screaming is an understatement. And I even came prepared with binkies, sippies and lollipops (desperate times call for desperate measures). And because it's a place for children there are racks and shelves of toys...especially toy trucks. Which happen to be Evan's favorite. Which equals more screaming and reaching and crashing! as the shelf with all of the cute little matchbox cars topples over.
And did I mention that I heard the voice? You know, that inner intution that tells you things. It was saying, "Come back tomorrow - first thing...when everyone is rested". But did I listen? Instead I put my name on the waiting list and proceeded to race after and wrestle my kids in the meantime. And all the while I can feel the stares of all the other mothers in there and I know what they are thinking, because I'm thinking the same thing. What am I doing with 4 boys? Seriously. And that was before Evan knocked down the shelf with all the toy trucks and boxes went flying everywhere.
And then it was finally our turn. Max sat there like a pro and took it like a man. Evan on the other hand...more screaming...and he threw his lollipop which was consequently covered in hair so it went in the trash. And in the meantime the older two are fighting over the etch-a-sketch - flinging elbows (I blame you for that, Ian) and kicking each other. Sigh. Evan starts screaming, "TRUCK!" I run and get him a boxed tractor - and glance at the price $5.00! for that? are you kidding me? So I let him hold it in the box...but he wants that thing OUT! I tear it out of the box because as I said...desperate times. To which the woman cutting Evan's hair says, "You know, if you always give him what he wants he'll never learn". It took all the restraint I had not to punch her in the head. And when she asked how short to cut Evan's hair, I said, "Buzz it". Because I'm not coming back anytime soon.
P.S. Xander thought of the title
Thursday, October 9, 2008
Satan gets a haircut...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
13 comments:
The title says it all!
You are kidding me? Someone actually said that to you? Aaarrggghh! I hate that!
Bravo Xander!!
Please tell me you didn't give her a tip!!
Did you say Can it hair cutter girl or the next stiky sucker will be in your hair?
dude Sheri Sheri, go to Walmart or Target, buy a pair of shears, if you are going to simply buzz their hair or even if you aren't, it is SO easy to do it yourself in the comfort of your bathroom, where you can smack them if you need to...I'm kidding about the smacking but still seriously, get yourself a pair of shears...
Next time bring Evan to my house and I'll buzz him while you get the other boys done. I won't even give you parenting advice in the middle of a serious parental stress attack.
I really hate how Snip-Its has all those overpriced toys right there at eye level for them. It's good marketing for them but total misery for parents. That and I can give BL a better haircut than they did... It takes twice as long but it still looks better.
I get so annoyed by "looks" and "stares" of other parents. Honestly, if you think you can do better come and try!! I got the crustiest look ever from a lady the other day when BL was throwing a major fit as we left the store. I wanted to punch her and tell her that her kid was ugly. But I'm too nice.
I am so sorry but if it helps any it does make me feel better knowing Im not the only gone who deals with that stuff ALL DAY!!!
is your camera fixed? I want to see Evan :)
other people are just so dang rude! People who have never had a crazy toddler should not be allowed to give parenting advice. Just my two cents....
I honestly don't understand what would posess a person to offer unsolicited advice to a stranger.
I love the title.
Wow! I think I might have actually punched her.
"Blah blah blah," says the lady who has no children and no idea what she is talking about...Sheri, you are better than me. I would have punched her, or at least sprayed her with her some hairspray.
Post a Comment