I'm in a bit of a blogging rut. Not that I'm out of things to say - heavens no! - but what to say what? when? Ya know? And I really wish I had a good camera (reading Pioneer Woman will do that to you) and a scanner...sigh...And now that I think of it I'm in a bit of a life rut too. Everyday is the same. And Madonna is getting a divorce. The hits keep coming. I mean I thought if anyone could keep it together it was her.
This morning as we knelt down to say family prayer - Max says, "Why do I have to go to school?" To which I replied, "Remember last night when I spoke to your brain by whispering in your ear? Well I promised your brain that after resting the last 2 weeks it was going to get a jump-start today."
Then Ian chimes in, "Yeah, your brain is like a sponge. It's going to drink up all that knowledge....in fact, your brain is Spongebob!"
Max rolls his eyes and says, "Your brain is Patrick....Duh!" (said very sarcastically and in Patrick's dumb voice).
How many 5 year-olds can pull off a joke like that? Because we were all dying.
Thanks for jump starting my day, Max.
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
Madonna & Spongebob
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
that's a great maxism. i love it.
so much better than yesterday's zaneism at my house (zanism?) where we had a conversation about how he wants to leave our family and join another one.
That's hilarious, so something Ryan would say!
Max is the best. He really is quick witted. I miss him and our daily conversations about spongebob.
I can't believe that you are surprised Madonna is getting a divorce. It's not like it hasn't happened before, and she's a celebrity. How could you not see it coming?
celebrity doesn't equal divorce...I could see your point Sheri. Madonna seems to be a really good parent, maybe Guy wasn't around enough...she doesn't even let her kids watch TV, don't know if that's good, or a bit overboard, but she's big into reading and imagination which is sweet by me!
What a quick little guy. Very clever.
You were being sarcastic about Madonna right? You didn't add the parenthesis so I'm still not sure.
I was being sarcastic about Madonna. I'm actually not surprised at all.
Are you writing a book? Come on, Max is giving you more than enough material for one.
Max rocks!
Whew - you had me worried there for a minute on the Madonna divorce. I thought maybe your sense of reality was off!
Have you bothered to tell Max exactly how many YEARS he'll be going to school?
ps. good music mix
i wish they had more dramarama to choose from on playlist. i wish i could do an entire mix of just that band.
Can I borrow Max for comedy purposes next time I'm in a rut? I think his perspective on life would do me good... but only for like 15 minutes and then you can have him back! :)
Post a Comment