After Ben's game the other night he got in the car and said,"Why do I feel so good?" I smiled and replied, "Hmmm...do you think it's because you hit the ball every time at bat and you made an awesome catch at first?" It is so gratifying for me to see my son's self esteem boosted.
I finally got a new camera today. Yay! No more having to wait to borrow my dad's. Now I can take pictures of the haircut Max gave himself. He finally broke down and admitted the truth only to deny it a few minutes later to my mom. Sheez, what am I going to do with that kid?
I went on a fieldtrip with Alexander's class yesterday. It was lots of fun except for that fact that my son is a maniac. We were in groups and each group had a worksheet to fill out. Alexander views any activity like this as a race and he was determined to come in "first". He would rush ahead of us, accuse other teams of following us to get answers and try to look at the answer key that I had. Not proud moments for me as a mother. We had a long talk yesterday but he was still acting snotty after that. Finally I hugged him and asked, "What's it going to take to get you to change your attitude?" The hug changed everything. After that he was helpful and obedient the rest of the day. Sometimes I get so caught up in everything, that I forget to show my kids how much I love them. Hugs almost always work with Max too. He loves to be squeezed tight - alot of the time I will tell him that I'm squeezing the oneriness right out (he then will pretend to cough it up :) ).
Yesterday my mom had the younger boys while I was on the fieldtrip and Darrel happened to be at my mom's with his kids too. It was hilarious to watch Rowan and Evan interact. They are only 3 months apart and are going to be great friends, I'm sure. They have a bit of a rivalry going on. Each boy wanted what the other boy had. Typical toddler behavior but fun to watch, nonetheless.
As I have mentioned before we are big time American Idol fans here. These are my favorites after last nights performance:
1. Michael Johns (although he needs to stop frowning when he sings)
2. David Archaletta (got chills)
3. David Cook (I'm a BIG fan of the new haircut - he looks much better)
4. Carly (I'm even thinking about buying the song she sang last night)
5. Brooke
I liked Jason Castro o.k. too, but those are my top 5. A.I. is keeping me sane while Lost is off the air.
P.S. For Tricia & Brian:
Brian's Team (a 2 for one!)

My team

Brian's Team

My Team!
15 comments:
You know what they say about payback, don't you Sheri? Well, it's a comin'!!!!!!
P.S.--Isn't the name of the game "My team, YOUR team"? Not "My team, Brian's team"
OK, AI. I was getting annoyed that Michael Johns was frowning so much saying WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG. Okay I get it, it was so wrong yet so right. How come you didn't mention BB9 for keeping you sane? Are you quitting on us. What about finale parties are you not thinking about what you are coming as? I am so sad. Dissappointed really. I guess Jared should just return the red unitard because it works for this season too!
Lastly, I L.O.V.E. that picture of Jim. mmmmm! and why can't we have a game called 'my team' Brian's team??? I think it could be fun!
We have been watching BB9 - we are totally in James' corner. I have been brainstorming potential outfits. Maybe we should invite Brian, I hear he has lots of dress up clothes.
Tricia, you DON'T want to go down that road...I guess "My team, Sheri's/Tricia's team" works also...I can find some GREAT photos online!
Just tell us what your outfits are and we'll leave you alone. Actually I can't speak for sheri but if you post pictures of 'your team' in 'your outfits' I'm sure you'd win!
Uh....it's tempting but....
You are such a good mom! And you have great kids! I want to see pictures of Max's hair cut.
Love the pictures. Business in the front party in the back. Mullets rock!
Hug therapy. I think we could all use more of that!
I'm going to have to try the "sqeezing the oneriness out" trick. I'm always in for a good squeeze.
Sheri, you know how you can watch BB9 24/7 online. Well without having to pay for it, you can youtube it and find videos people post. You would be amazed at what they do in the house that of course fox can't show at 7p.m. at night. Also if you saw somethings of James' past you would not like him at all! But I would still want him to win over that annoying Natalie. BTW, where is the pic of Max's haircut?
BB9?
I have absent from the blogging world for a little while and I've missed so much. So when do we get to see the HAIRCUT? I love hugs and it's no surprise they work wonders - I think it's terrific that you are sane enough to utilize the hugs, I hope I will be. I also have no idea what BB9 is - do tell, especially how it relates to dressing up.
Big Brother 9, hello???? Where have you two been?
Post a Comment