Friday, April 4, 2008

About the music


One of the best concerts I've ever been to is Travis and they are one of my all time favorite bands. You'll notice that they do a cover of a Britney Spears song - I believe it's the same song that Marty sang on Rock Star INXS. So sad that I couldn't find "More Than Us" or "Driftwood". Oh well, ENJOY!

7 comments:

Charlotte said...

Which song is Britney? The song Marty sang was Baby, One More Time, which I really liked.

Teresa said...

The Britney cover is interesting. I have to say Jack really seems to like Travis too. He is just calmly listening on my lap as I type. I think I will have to go to iTunes and download some of their stuff. Thanks!

Sheri said...

Charlotte - it's "Hit me baby, one more time"

Teresa - Jack has really good taste

Charlotte said...

Sorry, Sheri. I'm not as up on my Britney as you are. J/K!

tsumomi said...

I've never heard of them before. Have they been around for awhile? I like them. Mellow.

Anonymous said...

I heard 'all I want to do is rock' 97-98 and loved it. Not enough to remember to buy the first album. However, Sheri purchased their second album in 1999 and she always says that she discovered this band. Kind of annoying because they are from Scotland and I am first generation Scottish. I can't say I introduced another great band (esp. Scottish) to her like usual--She's got me with this one.

Anonymous said...

I agree Tina. Marty was hard to watch sometimes. J.D. had the better voice and look, so those qualities were similiar to Michael Hutchence as far as a replacement. If you watch American Idol there is an Australian with a big voice and good look. I think if he would sing 'By My Side' or any INXS song it would blow people away.