Dear Ian,
Today is a milestone for us. 12 years! I know you will say it feels like 20, but sometimes it feels like yesterday that we were hiking hole in the rock and sitting underneath the railroad tracks. I still remember the first time you used your Harrison Ford voice. I think I laughed so hard that I almost peed my pants.
I am lucky to have someone that reads directions. Because otherwise our kids would be riding on defective bikes. Which would mean lots more visits to the ER. I love that you don't let me take life (or myself) too seriously. I like it when you let me be right and when you stick up for me. Even when I don't need sticking up for.
I love the father that you are. How you motivate Alexander to do better, how you make Ben giggle so hard his stomach hurts (he totally gets your sense of humor), how you will drop everything to wrestle Max and how Evan loves you just as much as me.
I love that we have more in common than just our kids. I love that you always want to hang with me. And that we like the same music, books, t.v. shows & movies. That you always are interested in what I have to say...no matter how dumb or incoherent I may sound. And that you will kill bugs, clean the bathrooms and take out the trash because you know I hate to do that stuff.
Alright, sometimes you exasperate the hell out of me. Sometimes I get so frustrated I want to punch you in the head. But I can never stay mad at you too long - it's too much fun being friends. You are my Bleeker and I love you more each year. Happy Anniversary!
Saturday, April 19, 2008
You're My Satellite
Posted by
Sheri
at
6:36 AM
Labels: All you need is love, Ian
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
that was really cute to read. thanks for sharing it with the rest of us. the 'punch you in the head part' was my personal fav.
Happy Anniversary. I remember getting your wedding announcement out on the mish and being so excited for you both and wishing I could be there to celebrate with you. You just fit together so perfectly. Here's to the next 12 being as great as the first and just getting better from there.
Wow, 12 years - that is so great! What a great post. You guys sure are a wonderful match. I hope we have kids by year 12... hahah!
Love your music too - always do :)
Sheri, you are so sweet. I LOVE YOU! I must say, those were some kind words. 'cept for the part about punching me in the head. Tuff love, eh!?! (inside joke) You are the most beautiful girl and my best friend too. Happy Anniversary!
That is so great, Ian and Sheri. Congrats, and happy 12th!!!
Happy Anniversary!
Happy Anniversary! If Ian is your Bleeker, does that mean that he has a short pair of gold shorts and a gold sweat band that he wears just for you? I thought I smelled orange tic tacs when I was at your house last night.
KIM, I would laugh and say No, please,come on. However, I have tried on some of the boys 'superhero' underwear on as a joke. I do own a green and yellow sweatband, oddly enough I do love orange tic tacs -- they are my fave's, even though I like all the varieties. Futhermore, I do run in my pitch black cul-de-sac, over and over, late at nite with my ipod. no really just my ipod. okay I am joking about birthday suit jogging, but i do wear some funny mismatched outfits to run in the later hours when no one is around. Bleeker is cool with me.
Ahhhh, how sweet.
Post a Comment