This week hasn't been all that great and it all came to a head yesterday. Max had to go to the dentist to get A LOT of cavities filled and his front teeth fixed. He broke said teeth almost 2 years ago when he fell climbing some stairs and almost bit his tongue in half (I do have a picture but it's quite graphic). The dentist made the comment that Max seems cavity prone. I'm thinking he looked at my face and saw dollar signs and was trying to butter me up. No way is it all the candy he eats - wouldn't you know he's cavity prone!
Anyhow, Max and I headed bright and early to the dentist. They made him drink some sort of medicine (I am well informed when it comes to my child's well being) which made him loopy and drowsy and great entertainment. When he held my hand tightly as they led him to the exam room - I realized he was scared. I had of course discussed what would happen with him, but obviously it's still a scary experience. They let me stay in the room with him which I wish they didn't. Every time the heart monitor even went up a little I about had a heart attack. After it was over we headed to Target and I bought him a toy. He was at the dentist for 3 hours and was so good! He kept trying to tell me something but his lips were still numb so I couldn't understand him. Turns out he was pissed that there was a Barbie movie on at the dentist's office.
I made the stupid mistake of not eating anything before I left so I spent the rest of the day nauseous. We went to Peter Piper Pizza for lunch and I spent the whole time with my face pressed against the vinyl booth. Stupid b.c. pills. I really hoping my husband surprises me for our anniversary and gets some out patient surgery. Hell might freeze over first.
11 comments:
I don't think Ian could handle that Dr.'s visit again...What's the weather forecast for hell?
poor max. he is so hard core with a silver tooth, though.
LOL at the last Ian part.
Nothing like a little "juice cocktail" at the dentist to knock the little cuties out. I'm glad he did so well - I'll have to have him share his "experience" on Sunday for the class. Hee hee
That is so funny about Ian - maybe hell will freeze sooner than you think, and your wish will come true :)
I was wondering about the recipe for said drink? It sounds like I could use some. Ahh the dentist, not so much fun. Especially when he's a crazy ex-mormon conspiracy theorist who stalks judges and their families and has guns and ammunition!?!?
I have to get 3 more fillings this summer for the first time in my life! Luckily we have good insurance...I am never getting on any birth control, I hear too much crap...and I thought you guys were done having kids?? I'm pretty sure you told me that so what's Ian's hang up, does he want more?
Poor Max. I had no idea he went through all of that yesterday. Knowing him, the Barbie movie was probably more torture than the actual work being done.
What toy did he pick out?
Maybe if you gave Ian the happy juice that Max got, he could go through with the surgery.
That was funny, Michelle!!
Ian had to get fillings done six months ago and the dentist made it way too "fun"... he wasn't scared at all and they made the whole thing into a game. I told the guy while they were working that this wasn't really incentive to stay cavity free in the future when it's so fun to visit the dentist!
Have you tried the depo shots? I loved them because b/c pills made me sick too... there's nothing worse than being nauseous for nothing!!!
You know, they really could make a reality show based on your life Sheri.
I know it is stressful. Lilly had to go through that. I am lucky it is her uncle who does her teeth and for free. Sorry. But hey, keep some of those sleepy pills on hand for when you don't feel like dealing with him. Ha-ha
When Marc got his surgery it was so funny. The doctor told him he always wanted to get a lawyer by the balls. I don't think Marc thought it was too funny at the time, but now we laugh about it.
Post a Comment