Yesterday I had to leave Ben's game early, but apparently I missed all the action. When I got home last night Ben was laying on the couch with an ice pak over his eye. Ian said that a grounder popped up in Ben's face and he took it straight in the eye. Ben was surprisingly calm for a kid who can't stand the sight of blood. Once he was screaming that his knee was bleeding and he needed a bandaid. When Ian went over to investigate he found that Ben was not bleeding - he just had a piece of red thread stuck to his knee. Luckily this time there was no blood - just a swollen eye. He was excited to go to school today and freak all his friends out. Boys!
On a side note: The boy who hit the offending ball's dad is a scout for the D-Backs. He gave Ian his phone number and promised us tickets if we called.
*Note the ring of chocolate around Ben's mouth - apparently he and Max found Ian's oreo stash this morning.
Thursday, April 24, 2008
Ouch!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
I love these kind of posts they are like butterflies. I love having boys. Its fun to have a sneak peak into older boy life. he is totally going to be the coolest boy at school- so tuff. i remember being in school and if someone showed up with a cast it was like they were a celebrity! The worse the injury the more classes talking about how awesome you are. ;-)
The red string made me laugh out loud.
Poor Ben. That is so sad BUT so cool to tell his friends.
That is a cool story to tell his friends and of course what better cure than an Oreo stash when you have a black eye.
Was I suppose to know about the new blog address? I don't want to pry :)
Poor Ben. I did laugh out loud at the red thread story though.
Have fun at the D-backs game.
If he gets to go to a D-backs game, then I say it's worth taking a ball to the face.
Maybe he was calm about it because there was no blood. Joe could always handle getting hurt unless there was blood.
I was really surprised and impressed Ben didn't cry. He can cry over the really stupid things sometimes.
That other Dad was really concerned and gave Ben good advice and good news. However, I was thinking about milking this injury for all its worth. Like calling the d-backs scout(other team members dad) every month. Yeah, Ben sure liked going to that game... As I yell "stop crying Ben! I'll get your medicine. I know your headaches never go away! just go lay down,okay!?! I know it's so bright outside! No Ben, no you dont have eight fingers on one hand." Sorry, about that. So how those D-backs doing lately? He sure had fun last time..got his mind off the pain.
Okay, I wouldn't do that. Infact I will feel weird calling at all. I will probably have Sheri do it. I just have to bribe her with a cherry dipped cone.
This morning Alex and I were making up scenarios Ben could say to classmates and teachers at school. Xander came up with a funny one. He said that he got in a fight with one of the 'trailor park' kids who hopped the fence and wanted to start something. Ben took a shot to the face but messed him up bad and threw his carcass back over the wall.
Man, Xan sounds just like his mother!
Ben insisted on just telling the truth.
Just like his dad would.
Good job Ben.
You are too funny Ian!
So, I have to ask about the change in blog address. Did you give up trezise6 because you are going to be trezise7?
Teresa! don't even say that! I just didn't feel comfortable using my last name in my blog address.
you might want to change the header too, or spell it all crazy to throw stalkers for a loop.
Traysease
Tremzeese
Tre Eze
Trailor Neighbors
Sheri's Boyz to Men
I really like Sheri's Boyz to Men. So much so that I might enroll my boys in singing lessons now.
Every kid deserves Oreos after getting smacked in the face with a ball! I love the trailer park story - that could totally happen... I know that trailer park!
Good job Ian. Mike is officially uninterested in the awesome house for sale on your block because you talked about a trailor in the area. high freaking five. punk.
L
Post a Comment