Wednesday, April 9, 2008

OCD and American Idol

My name is Sheri and I have selective OCD. For instance I am not obsessive about the cleanliness of my house but am obsessive about celebrities. Britney better not get back with K-Fed! It's about time Beyonce & Jay-Z got hitched - 6 years - c'mon. I don't think Heath really had a love child. I'm sure Nicole Ritchie has an eating disorder - ditto with Kate Bosworth. I hope Reese & Jake last - she deserves some happiness. After I had Evan the part of my brain that remembered school lunches, fieldtrip forms and other important things went haywire. But I still can remember the names of Gwenyth's, Madonna's and Bruce & Demi's kids. Sick, I know. I am not OCD when it comes to my children getting filthy playing outside in our dirt yard, yet am OCD about whatever I am currently reading or watching. I have mentioned that I read The Other Boyelyn Girl. This has led to an obsession with English History. The other night the movie Elizabeth was on and I was hooked! During commercials I googled different English monarch names. I'm a nerd, I know...but now I am dying to read something else about that period in history.


I am also a little obsessed with American Idol but am relieved that Ian and my mom share this obsession. We spent Sunday night at my parent's house watching past performances (I am liking David Cook more and more) until Ben begged us to go home so he could go to sleep. AIMS testing. Shoot! If I really dig a performance I will get up and clap and scream. Pathetic I know, but we really don't go to many concerts anymore...atleast I don't. So let's discuss last night's performances:



My pick for the final two



1. David Cook was disappointing tonight. I love Our Lady Peace -but that song wasn't doing him any favors - the first part was just plain awkward.

2. David Archaletta - chills again. He needs to come over and sing me to sleep every night...then maybe I could get rid of this blasted insomnia.

3. Carly - wrong song and just plain blah. Though it does take alot of guts to sing Queen.

4. Brooke - I love that song - especially the Housemartins version but only thought she was o.k. Ian keeps telling me that she just doesn't have the range to compete with the other performers but for me, that's part of her appeal. I like the tone and sound of her voice -kinda bluesy.

5. Michael Johns - I didn't like it. I know Ian will disagree with me - part of it could be that I don't like Aerosmith and I agreed with Simon - he needs to pick bluesier songs.

I don't really have much to say about the other 3. It was the only night I've ever liked Kristy, but I still don't think she'll make it to the final 5.

Hey - did everyone see Lacey from So You Think You Can Dance sitting in the audience behind Simon? Now that's a show I can really obsess about.

14 comments:

Unknown said...

Pretty much agree with everything you said. I am a HUGE fan of David Cook but not only did I not really care for his preformance, I was really sad that on his last note he reached into the camera and wrote on his hand GIVE BACK in permanent marker. I really hope Paula hasn't rubbed her cheese all over him. Also I did not see Lacey, but I did see Sinbad!!

tsumomi said...

I love so you think you can dance. Can't wait for it to start up agian. Still love David Cook. Thought he had the look going on last night but the song did nothing for me. I get ocd about somethings too. Lukas Rossi for example. I wouldn't want to be married to him, but I obsess about that guy. I even found the address to his house. When we were in LA I wanted the kids to knock on his door and say they were doing a scavanger hunt and ask for something. They just said you are crazy mom, no. So I grounded them. Just kidding. But I did want them to go up to his door.

Sheri said...

If I was with you I would have totally went to his door. I loved Lukas on the show but haven't bought any of his stuff. didn't he win the show? Is Rockstar Supernova not a band anymore?

Trina said...

I loved The Other Boleyn Girl too. I want another book like that!

Brian said...

I have no OCD disorders...ok, maybe I do. All I can say is that if David Cook doesn't knock off the arrogant attitude, he will not make it to the final 2. It's ok to be a little arrogant and cheesy if you're, say, Bono, but David Cook hasn't accomplished ANYTHING. Seriously, if he doesn't stop with the attitude, I'll openly campaign for him to get kicked off.

When is LOST back on???? That's my OCD.

Sheri said...

I don't think he's arrogant. I just think he has a lot on his mind. I mean his brother has cancer! I'm sure he's pretty stressed.

Liz said...

Dear Sheri and Ian,

We are sending the photo of Max holding his drawing to Oprah so she can meet him and see how awesome he is. Then we are sending the photo to Letterman. We think this kid can tour the world this summer and display his talent to make himself a lot of money in time to start the school year with a cool mil.

signed,
liz and zane.

Amanda said...

Ok... so this should brighten your day.

I was looking at your pictures and I clicked on the one of you and Evan on the baseball post because I couldn't see it. So it is huge on my screen and Bryn says "Who is that?" and before I could answer she asked "Is that you when you were younger?"

Nice, huh....

Brian said...

Sheri, don't be naive. It's not stress. He is SO arrogant. Don't get me wrong, he has impressed, but the arrogance is starting to overtake his persona. Even Kim agrees. I hope he matures, but if he doesn't, he's outta there!

Teresa said...

Wow. AI drums up such emotion. Maybe that is the future of politics. The presential election can be a phone-in decision. Can't you just see Ryan Seacrest introducing the candidates while they mime their number for voting in the background? Maybe that would get more people to vote!

Kim said...

Teresa, I love your comment!

Becca said...

Okay, Sheri you are great - be positive, your house is clean, your kids are fabulous!
Teresa - you are awesome, I love your comments and check it out dawg, you're on fire tonight!
Brian, Cook was so Cheesy and I have to agree he is more arrogant than before.
Sheri & Trina, Michelle told me I need to read "The Historian", it sounds European and looks into history - might be what you are looking for.

And...So You Think You Can Dance is my favorite show of all time - can't wait!

Anonymous said...

I am totally the same with celebs. Jon has put a stop to me buying magazines, but I still sneak one or two a month. I love it, I can't get enough of it! You and I could have some major fun dishing...

Drea said...

Ok, I think David Cook is going to win - he is AMAZING! even though i didn't like the song that he sang this week, but that's ok. I LOVE So you think you can dance also, and I LOVED the Idol gives back night when all of them danced and yes I saw Lacey the night before - I'm obsessed with her. And I agree about all the celebrity stuff - it's addicting! You crack me up!