Thanksgiving started off with me running the Turkey Trot and Ian and the boys playing football. I'm happy to report I did NOT have to stop for a Dr. Pepper. I did pretty good - I ran the whole thing except for about 3 minutes of it (I took my stopwatch).
We raced home after because Thanksgiving dinner was supposed to be at 12:00. I was in charge of the mashed potatoes and rolls - luckily Ian helped. Although, it's never good to have an artist in the kitchen. When I ran in from the bathroom to check on him he was just about to put some vanilla (yes, you are reading this right) in the potatoes. He'd already put some other spices in. I had a little freak-out (just enough to let him know it was NOT o.k. to take liberties with my potatoes). He then made his own little batch where he added all sorts of stuff (cheese, bacon, parsley, ect).
When we got to my mom's the football game was on.
Finally...Dinner! Complete with brown sugar'd sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, 3 kinds of stuffing, turkey, rolls, corn, green bean casserole, assorted veggies and fruits. Delicious strawberry lemonade. And pie! Adam made Aaron's cream cheese pie. And Kim made her pumpkin delight. Both were awesome. I brought an apple pie and an apricot pineapple pie (my dad's favorite).