Saturday, November 6, 2010

4

Today at 4:26 am Evan turned 4. Just the simple fact that he is getting older kind of breaks my heart. Especially since I won't be having any more babies.


Evan has been a handful ever since I can remember. Just lately I've felt like I can reason with him. He responds to a soft voice much better than a loud one. He gets his feelings hurt easily. He's shy if he doesn't know you. He clings to me...a lot. He likes to play Ben's DS. He likes Toy Story. And How to Train Your Dragon. Recently Evan has been singing songs from The Nightmare Before Christmas...constantly. He even hums them. Like Max, he loves to sing or make up songs. He makes faces all of the time. And demands kisses whenever I go to work.

Evan gets himself dressed every day. He loves to go to school with Ro. Or to play with his grandma. And likes his grandpa to give him underdogs. But his favorite thing is if I don't have to work and we can hang out all day. He loves to ride his Batman bigwheels. He likes to climb. Jump. Run. He loves to find and step on ants when he's outside. He plays pretend games all the time - he likes to be Buzz or Spiderman. He always wants to build with legos - especially spaceships.

Evan's favorite foods are: pizza, chicken nuggets, beef jerky (seriously) and cheese balls. He loves to eat at Mattas or Peter Piper Pizza. He always wants to go to Target, Sam's Club or the park. He says his favorite color is red.

Evan cuddles with me, wrestles with Ian, plays with Ben, trades insults with Max and watches Spongebob with Xander. He always wants all of us to play "Duck, Duck, Goose!". His two best friends are Rowan and Joshua. I wish I had a video of them together. It's hilarious and so cute. They love each other so much.

I am so happy to be his mother. He has taught me so many things. I'm so glad that Heavenly Father sent him to me last - he is the perfect period to our family.

Happy birthday Evan!