
There's two sides to every story...
I recently noticed, Sheri decided to mention me driving off and leaving her stranded as we took the family to church one Sunday. Hmm...Interesting that's all that was mentioned. Who knows how she got out of the car. It sounds like I may have pushed her out as we were travelling down Willis Rd. Or... I don't know, maybe a large predatory bird swooped in and snagged her. I like how it's just me driving off leaving the wife in the dust. Now I will give you a more complete version. It just so happened that the day before a kid on a scooter was hit by a car. This was on Willis road near the Cornerstone church. I have always noticed on Sundays that many officers help with the traffic around this church. This intersection was going to be so filled with cops, that you might think that a Krispy Kreme Donut shop was having a grand opening. So Sheri decides to drive her normal speed (60 m.p.h.) heading west on Willis towards Alma School. It is actually posted SPEED LIMIT 35 all down the road; so I calmly say "you might want to slow down, sweetie." No joke! Ask her if that is what I said, and how it was softly spoken. She then slams on the brakes and fish tails in the dirt on the right side of the road and says "That's it! I'm done!!! YOU DRIVE!!!!! She then gets out of the drivers side and walks around to the back of the Sienna-AKA loser cruiser. I think this is a perfect time to do what she asked of me, so I drive...OFF. Folks, let me tell you that this was one of the worst decisions I have ever made. I learned that each one of my kids not only loves MOM more; but, they have learned quite a few choice words in their short little life spans. It was the loudest eruption of DAD slander I have ever heard. It all meshed together violently with even EVAN joining in shrieks of pain. YOU..kill!!!..Stooooopid..HATE.no!.WHY?..Freakin!.don't leave.JERK..please..Idiot!!..POLICE..argh..MOM...noooooOOOO! Yeah, something to that effect. My little science experiment of driving off and teaching Sheri a lesson did not work. Oh yes... the volcano did blow up, just all over me. I did pull into the Cornerstone parking lot to turn around, and when I came out to pick up Sheri on the side of the road there was a police car directly behind me. I know he was set up for a speed trap off of Willis and we would have been snagged, so this was one lesson that could have been costly. And we did make up with each other before we got to church. I told the kids it was a stupid joke, and that I would never leave momma. We eventually laughed at it and I again told them that I was very Sorry. In our household sorry means you'll never do it again. At least, that's what we always say.
11 comments:
Oh, Ian, you tell such good stories. I can just hear the kids yelling at you. I'm glad you made up, and made it to church.
The thing is we never stay mad very long and always end up laughing. I do want to say that there is NO WAY I was going 60 MPH!
Ian! That was really funny!! Great story!!!!
It's always good to hear both sides... and it's always nice to know we aren't the only happy couple who has "eruptions" every once in a while... I'm usually pushing 45 down Willis... if I ever get a speeding ticket in Chandler, that will be the place I'm going to get it!
It's a good thing the kids were in the car - if they weren't and I were Sheri, I wouldn't have gotten back in. Then, the cop would have seen you trying to force a woman into the van and you would have gotten arrested for attemtped kidnapping!
Can I just say, Ian, you are hillarious! Write a book or something!
That is so funny. Thanks for giving us the full story. Your stories are always great. And don't worry, someday your kids will love you as much as Sheri.
hee hee.
that was hilarious writing. (hey just found your diggs via kristy lara). I love how the boys freaked out and the part about how they love mom more.
4 boys! bwt holyfreakingcow! you so have a sweet skate team on your hands)
can i request weekly ian posts about music?
p.s. we both ended up with boys named evan. killer name- ay?
1. The woman is ALWAYS right
2. Ian needs his own blog
3. I wonder what the Cornerstone masses think of the crazy Mormons dumping their wives off on the side of the road.
4. Y'all are awesome:)
you guys are hilarious!
Ok, that is really funny. I can just imagine the four horrified boys! I agree, Ian does need his own blog.
As a former attendee (attender?) of Cornerstone, and having dealt with that traffic...well, actually I just wanted to mention that we used to go there. They kind of lost me around the end of October in 2004, with a sermon entitled, "Who Would God Vote For?" Oh yes, they did.
I have no idea what they'd think about you crazy Mormons. Hee.
Post a Comment