Friday, November 23, 2007

Thanks - Giving

Tricia's "rules"

Alright - here's my mandatory Thanksgiving post. In the morning Ian and Alexander played the annual game of flag football. Ben & Max went over to Jared & Tricia's while I took Evan and ran the Turkey Trot. I think I would've ran it in a reasonable time if it wasn't for the 2 flat tires on my jogging stroller :( I checked ahead of time and they were fine but when I got there they were flat as pancakes. I still wanted to run it because if I didn't then I wouldn't have an excuse for all of my gluttony later on....Anyhow, I ended up running it 10 minutes slower than usual but I think that was pretty good considering my knees were really bothering me by the end of the 3rd mile. It must've been from me leaning forward to push the unwilling stroller and consequently putting lots of pressure on my knees.

When I got home I felt like I was going to barf. Seriously - this stomach flu is getting old. I had to make mashed potatoes - I started but got too sick so Ian finished up for me. Ian also had to get the boys ready because I couldn't get it together. We went to Jared & Tricia's first. Ate a little bit there then headed over to Ian's parents where we ate ALOT. Especially Alexander. I don't know where he puts it all! Then we went back over to J &T's to watch to ASU game. It was a relaxing but exhausting day.







I think that Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. There's no pressure of perfect-gift giving - just getting together with family & friends, eating yummy food and counting your blessings. This year I find myself being most grateful for my family, my health (as I feel much better today) and disposable diapers.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I can vouge for you about the turkey trot. Every year I get the honor of looking at your back side the whole time. I think with being in the back of the line and having flat tires you can easily take off 7.42 min. You did awesome.

Kim said...

Did you know those disposable diapers have tabs on them? You don't have to tie them on with string. Ha Ha!

I love the picture of Evan in the football helmet.

Shelley said...

I love the picture of Evan in the football helmet, because it's an ASU FOOTBALL HELMET! You go, little Sun Devil! Even if they did lose the game. Sigh. I can't wait for the big one on Saturday.

My dilema, though, is the Chandler Light parade on Saturday. The high school marching band is supposed to march in it, including my eldest child. It's at 7pm!! And the big light parade, the one downtown, is this Saturday too. All at the same time as the ASU/U of A game? What were they thinking? I think I'm probably going to have to Tivo the game, and start watching it when we get home.