Thanksgiving weekend last year we went to Mattas and to see the Temple lights. In keeping with tradition, we decided to go again this year and the Ganems came with us. Things are always much more fun with the Ganems. We got to Mattas about 6:30 and had to wait for a table for about an hour. That's right. An hour. You do the math - 8 hungry kids and 4 grumpy adults. Have you ever been around Jason when he's hungry (just joking - Jason was
actually very pleasant). 
actually very pleasant). 
The kids were surprisingly well behaved once we sat down to eat. Christian kept asking what was for dessert - could we go to Dairy Queen? Even after he proclaimed he was "stuffed" he still asked to go to Dairy Queen. He must share Jason's philosophy about ice-cream (there is always room for it and the world would be a happier place if everyone was holding an ice cream cone).
After Mattas we headed over to the temple. We didn't stay very long as we are from Arizona and not used to anything below 60 degrees. The kids all got along well. The highlight was the manger with the baby Jesus in it. I think Max thought we were actually going to see a real baby in the manger - he was a little disappointed. It was a fun time and a great wa
y to kick off the holiday season.
y to kick off the holiday season.

10 comments:
Looks like fun! Glad you had a great weekend!
I DO have to ask??? What is the baby Jesus doing in a MANAGER???
there are three things i love the most about visiting home
1)matta's
2)friends/ family
3)matta's
Brian - I have NO idea what your talking about ;)
Liz- I think we would go to Mattas everyday if we lived any closer
What and where is this Mattas place?
Hey, I blogged about it a few weeks ago. Where were you? It's only the BEST mexican food restaurant.
Sheri, How "convenient" to change it back to "manger" to avoid further persecution...
I have to say that I am partial to Serrano's. The best bean dip and tacos.
That looks like a fun trip. Your kids are all adorable.
I love going to the temple lights. It's a great way to start off the holidays with the right frame of mind.
Ok, seeing as how I have never been to Matta's and now must know if it is better than Serrano's( which I'm pretty sure it will be). I think we should all meet there. say... December 29th. 8:00?
I am THERE! Although it might help if you call & remind me :)
Post a Comment