
I enrolled Max in "Apples to Zebras" through the city. I thought it would be good for him to attend pre-school before he went to kindergarten (he's pretty darn smart but lacks social skills). Yesterday he "graduated". It made me remember when Ben graduated from pre-school and he had to wear a pink octopus hat (don't even ask) and couldn't say his part because he was laughing hysterically. Max had to wear the pumpkin hat but he didn't laugh - he actually looked pretty peeved about it. But he did it. When the kids came out Max looked pretty sad. I knew that he couldn't see us and that he probably thought I left (he has separation anxiety). I had Ben go up in front and get his attention. After Max saw that we were still there he was grinning from ear to ear. He sang all of the songs, although he didn't hold the girl's hand when he was supposed to, he still participated more than I thought he would. I was sad my mom and Kim missed it - I know they would've loved it as much as I did. The graduation was short and sweet. It was nice for Max to get a moment in the sun, sort of speak.

8 comments:
Yeah, Max!! He definitely looks happier with Ben!
That is the best frowny face I've ever seen! Congrats on graduating Max!
Very cute! I just love reading about your boys...although it does make me a bit nervous about my future with Jack.
I put Kylie in Apples to Zebras the spring before she started preschool, for the exact same reason. The social skills, which I felt she was lacking in. The sitting still, listening to directions, gettng along in a group...that sort of thing. I think it helped! Did Max like it? Love the pumpkin hat! lol
Good Job Max!
Way to go Max. I love the frown face. Keep the Max stories coming.
I'm sad I missed it. Our little Max is growing up.
I seriously love that kid, despite wrestling all the kids in sunbeams.
Post a Comment