Monday, November 12, 2007

Are you INSANE?

A few different parents asked me that when I sent out an e-mail to some of Alexander's friends inviting them over for some lunch and football today. Since the boys didn't have school I knew I wouldn't be able to get much done anyway. I've let Ben have group playdates before but never Alexander. It was actually alot of fun - for me and for the boys. They kept the arguing down to a minimum (this was largely due to the fact that they decided not to keep score) and had a blast tossing the pigskin around. Thomas & Brandon were here early so they helped Xander with a science experiment for school. The boys had fun making "goop" or whatever it's called. The rest of the boys got here about 11:30. We had pizza and then went out to the middle grassy area to play some flag football. I am soooo grateful to Elliot (Brandon's dad) for lending us the flags & cones - Ian had me ask if we could also borrow them for Turkey Bowl on Thanksgiving and Elliot graciously agreed :). The boys worked up a sweat and then ate some cookies & rice krispie treats (thanks Mitch!). It went so well I might just let him do it again..

Everyone was really nice and let Max play for a little while. What a great group of boys! I know I've said it before but my boys are so lucky to have such great friends.

6 comments:

Jen said...

Mitchell had such a fun time hanging with the boys. Thanks for inviting us.

Trina said...

How fun! You are such a good mom!
I don't think I would have that many of Addy's friends over!
Your kids are lucky to have you!

Merilee said...

Wow, you are good. That sounds like such a great idea. I'll have to try it when it is not -1000 degrees outside.

Sheri said...

It was nice to finally be able to let my kids play outside - after months and months of being shut in.

LauraB said...

When I saw all those little boys marching down to the open area, I knew Sheri had made yet another day a magical memory for her boys!

Charlotte said...

I thought you were insane with just your own 4 boys, but all their friends??? You are SUPER MOM!