Last Friday was the boys' last day of school. It was a hard day - meaning I cried more than usual. For some reason, Xander graduating from elementary school really hit me hard. I was depressed all day. My boys' go to a small school where the families there feel like family. I've known most of the families since Xander was in Kindergarten or first grade. Saying goodbye to some of those families was really hard. Plus my baby is going to junior high!

There was a big party at one of Xander's friends house. The backyard is awesome - complete with a bbq area, mini golf course, batting cage, tennis court/basketball court and swimming pool - plus plenty of room to roam around. The whole 6th grade was invited and everyone had a blast.

We presented Xander's teacher with thank-you presents. She's an activist so my friend Tracy made her a picket sign :) and then the class gave her a backpack with all sorts of things she might need at a demonstration. It was perfect for her! I am really grateful that he had a teacher who not only helped him learn academically but also supported him emotionally. She gave an awesome speech to the class on the last day of school. I will miss her!

The the kids got to watch a slide show on a gigantic movie screen. It showcased the kids from pre-school through 6th grade. It was bittersweet to see how much all these kids have grown. And it was fun seeing favorite teachers. The kids LOVED it.

I was so happy to see one of my favorite kids EVER at the party - Mitchell! Mitch went to a different school for 6th grade and it was so good to see him!
I was telling a friend about how depressed I was about Xander leaving the school and she said, "Give it 2 weeks."
I guess when our lives change so do we. Hopefully I'll be a rock by the time Evan graduates!
4 comments:
I can't believe you are the parent to a kid in junior high...you can't be that old, because you are younger than me and I can't be that old, can I?!
hahahaz alex is a sevvy! jk haha! IM GOING TO 8th GRADE!
That is really cool that you had such a great school. And that he went to school with the same kids for so many years. That is something I will miss.
Congrats Xander! Sheri, it will be just fine - Xander is a great kid!
Post a Comment