Sunday, June 20, 2010

Day at the Lake

Saturday we went with some friends to Bartlett Lake. I've never been there before and it was absolutely beautiful. We were all so excited to get out of the house and do something fun.

We started off wake boarding. Corey showed us how it is done.


Xander went next. He got up on his 3rd try! It was awesome!

Ben went next. He had a hard time getting the hang of it, but I'm so glad he tried.


The other Alex went next. He was a pro.


Lynette went after Alex. I can't believe I didn't get any pictures of her. She was awesome! Then Ian went. It only took him 2 tries to get up and going.


After a while we stopped for lunch. The boys had a blast trying to catch fish. They caught a few in plastic bags and then threw them back.


Xander caught a crawdad. Of course.


After lunch we went tubing. The boys LOVED this. Ben, Alex and Chris loved going fast. There were a couple of times that I thought Ben would fly out he was laughing so hard, but he didn't.


Evan was dying to go, so Ian, Cameron & Alex went with him. Evan informed me today that Cameron is his best friend :).


Max loved it too. It was scary for me to see him flying all over the place, but he held on and didn't want to get off.

We had such a fun time. I've been feeling bad for Max & Ben because they haven't had much of a summer so far. They had an absolute blast! They also loved jumping off the boat and swimming in the lake with Chris and Cameron. The lake wasn't very crowded which was awesome. By the end Evan wanted to jump off the boat and swim with all the boys.

We are lucky to have such great friends.

5 comments:

Amanda said...

That is so cool that you got to go to the lake! Looks like so much fun. I'm jealous.

Becca said...

How fun! I miss super hot days that make getting in the water actually fun - not freezing!

Teresa said...

Sounds like fun. There is no way we can take Jack on a boat yet. I can't imagine he would sit still.

Christy said...

Awesome boat! ;-) I did a double take when I saw your boys' life jackets and then realized why they looked so familiar! Glad you had a great time! Did you try the wakeboard?

Sheri said...

I didn't! But I wish I did. We left a little early because Evan was having "issues".