Sunday, June 27, 2010

Scottsdale Getaway

A couple of weeks ago we had the opportunity to spend a few days at a resort in Scottsdale (Ian's parents have a time share there). Michael came with us.

We had fun horsing around, swimming, staying up late watching the original Karate Kid, going to see the new Karate Kid and just relaxing.

There was a kiddie pool and splash pad. Evan was in heaven :)






There was also a game room. Michael and Xander stayed in there most of the time.



They locked Ben and Max out.

Ian and I spent most of the time by the pool reading. Ian started reading The Hunger Games. He's as hooked as I am! He just finished listening to Catching Fire on his I-pod (Paul checked it out from the library). We are counting down the days until the next one comes out.

Btw, I love shopping in Scottsdale. Thanks to Tiffany I know where the best Anthropologie is and where the best Rack is. Also, I think Scottsdale is the only place in Arizona where you will see people pushing their dog around in a stroller. Unbelieveable.

8 comments:

Amanda said...

"Even was in Heaven" - I like that!

You liked that book?!! We'll have to have a discussion about it.

Sheri said...

You didn't like that book??? We will have to have a discussion about it :)

Lexie & Sharrid said...

I thought everyone loved that book!! I haven't read it yet, (it's on my waiting list), It's on my shelf though ready and willing...I bought it because everyone is ranting over it, it has to be good!

Amanda said...

"Everyone" loved the Twilight series too. LOL!

Sorry I spelled Evan's name wrong. I think I was too into the rhyme.

Teresa said...

That sounds like so much fun!

Sheri said...

Twilight was so good. I think you need to re-read it Mandie.

LauraB said...

I think you should go ahead and adopt Michael. Might as well get the tax deduction!

Kim said...

Michael has scary eyes in that first picture. Looks like you guys had fun.