Thursday, March 26, 2009

Screaming (but only on the inside)

Me: "Max if I hear the word 'mom' from you one more time I might scream."


Max: "O.k., Sheri."

Max: "Sheri, Sheri, Sheri, Sheri, Sherrrrrrrriiiii, Sheri, Sher-i."

Me: "Max, you need to leave this room."

Max: "I can't - I love you and I will miss you too much."

Max went on his first fieldtrip today. The school he goes to has a lottery for the parents to go on the fieldtrip and I didn't get drawn. It nearly broke my heart. I went back and forth on whether I should let him go, but then decided why should my insecurites stop him from a fun, educational experience? That sounds good - in theory.
This morning I was tearing my hair out and Ian had to tell me to cut it out. That Max would be fine. And he was.

I, on the other hand, was a basketcase.

P.S. When I asked him about the fieldtrip (they went to Shamrock Farms). He replied, "Why did you let me go someplace that smelled like poo?"

7 comments:

LauraB said...

I want to live with Max for a week. Then I could write a book. Then I'd be rich. Because one person would read it and laugh so hard and tell another person and they'd tell another and...well, I'd sell a billion books and be rich! Really Sheri - you're sitting on a gold mine!!

Trina said...

What a funny funny funny kid!

OurHappyFamily said...

LOL... LOVE it! Reading dialogs between you and Max make my day... SERIOUSLY!!

Teresa said...

He is so funny! It must be hard to get mad at him.

Sheri said...

Teresa - it isn't as hard as you'd think. One of his joys in life is pushing me to my breaking point.

tsumomi said...

I love that kid and I have never officially met him.

Kim said...

I heart Max. He is hilarious. So, why DID you let him go to a place that smelled like poo?