Monday, March 9, 2009

Over the weekend I...

1. swam & BBQ'd at Tiffany's. Who knew the kids would like the grilled shrimp more than the hotdogs? And that lemon-blueberry pie was to die for (still waiting for the recipe, Tiffany)

2. watched movies with Ian.

3. flirted with Ian in the hall at church. Gosh, he looked good.

4. helped Ian do our taxes. (help might be too strong of a word..but I was there for support!)

5. BBQ'd steaks with mom & dad.

6. deep cleaned the master bedroom & bathroom.

7. made cookies.

8. read...a lot.

9. went on a search for doughnuts with Xander (we should've bought the Girl Scout Cookies instead).

10. tripped at church - hardcore (damn those red shoes). I had to crawl away...when what I should've done was jump up and strike a pose like Mary Catherine Gallagher.

What did you do?

16 comments:

Unknown said...

We must be on at the same time!! If it was a boy I could see me having a baby shower but it being yet another girl??? I have to say I am secretively crossing my fingers (a little) that she grows a weiner this week (not that I don't love girls but for James' sake) but I don't think that will happen!
Last weekend... get ready.... We were able to park in our garage, planted a garden, and cleaned up the back yard!!! Not so FUN but felt good!

Christy said...

So who saw you trip??? I was admiring your red shoes on Sunday, so I hope it was worth the pain and/or embarrassment!

I read A LOT too, did some yardwork in the front and BBQ'd chicken on Saturday night.

Sheri said...

Pretty much all of Sr. Primary saw me trip. It wasn't pretty.

Tim said...

Weird - those are all the things I did last weekend! Ian did look good.

Kim said...

Hee Hee Tim, you are funny.

Joe had friends over on Friday. I walked 10 miles Saturday. That nearly did me in, so I didn't do much else on Saturday. Joe got the priesthood on Sunday, and I finished Inkdeath. All in all, a good weekend.

We grilled steaks on Sunday too. When I say "we", I mean Brian.

jill said...

I witnessed the flirting...It was good to see! You are a great couple and family!

Brian said...

This weekend I sheered some sheep and spun the wool to make coats for orphaned Somalian children. Then I worked at a soup kitchen and fed the homeless. Then went straight to a nursing home and played checkers with the elderly. After that I woke my lazy ass up off the couch and made some lunch!

Teresa said...

Wow, I feel lazy after reading your list of weekend activities...and guilty after reading Brian's list.

Tim said...

Hmmm, maybe I should have waited and said I did the same things as Brian...no, I'll stick with Ian.

Brian said...

Your loss Tim. It feels good to lose yourself in service!

Trina said...

I love hearing people fall stories! Story of my life! This weekend I spent it with an Indian lady who didn't speak English much, she kept touching my face and telling me she was my mother now. What? I HATE HATE HATE when people touch my face. You can pretty much touch anything else but my face. Touch my Bum before touching my face. AHhhh! Don't touch my face.

Brian said...

Just remember you said that Trina! HAHA.. JK!

Amanda said...

Saturday made my 3rd day in a row of not making hot food for my family and Sunday I ditched church.

I'm a loser.

Tim said...

I agree with the face thing, Trina. There are only two people in the entire world that are allowed to touch my face - Melanie and Ian. I'm not even allowed to touch it, unless I am washing it. Or wiping off something gross - that's okay too.

(Becca is actually the second person - sorry Ian)

Tim said...

Oh, and my word verification was 'ficsupen'. Honestly. I was waiting for that one

ie-
"Hey man, what's that radical pot for?" the slender vagabond asked wryly.
"Oh, its to ficsupen" came the culinary master's stealthy reply.
- E.E. Cummings

LauraB said...

I played with Lexi and Logan and we all went for a drive and threw rocks in the river! Then on Sunday we went to church - it's kinda fun going to church in Idaho now - they remember me! I'm thinking of moving my membership...