Monday, March 16, 2009

Once upon a time..

When I was little I used to love it when my mom or dad would tell me stories about their childhoods. I loved to hear about Pete, the crow that my dad tamed and how my mom worked at her parents' store.

Yesterday on the way home from church Ian started to tell the boys some stories from his childhood. His first story was about how when he was in 3rd grade and his brother Sean was in Kindergarten they rode the bus to school together. It happened to be the first day of school for Sean. "See!" I told the kids, "your dad looked out for his brother!" But Ian wasn't finished. He then told about the time Sean sneezed into his cupped hands and snot went through the fingers and Ian pretended not to know him. "Ian! Help me!" Sean begged and cried. Then Ian looked around like he didn't know who Sean was talking too... "who me?", "no, never seen him before","I don't know him." Ian said he was too embarrassed- imagine how Sean felt.

The boys laughed so hard that I thought they were going to pee their pants.

Then Ian told the story about how one time he 'borrowed' a little girl's Cabbage Patch doll on the bus and pulled down her pants and screamed, "Hey, bus driver!" and then used the doll to moon the bus driver from the back of the bus. So the bus driver was livid and stopped the bus to a screeching halt(and in the meantime Ian threw the doll back to the girl). When the driver finally got to the rear of the bus he proceeded to question everyone on who had mooned him with the doll. Everyone was so scared at the red little old man that no one said a word about Ian. I think they knew a beat down was coming. When asked who did it everyone played dumb like they couldn't understand him and all proclaimed their innocence on the matter.

The boys were laughing so hard that Xander did pee his pants a little.

I'm not sure those are the type of "when I was a kid" stories I want Ian sharing although I have to admit, Ian is a great storyteller. He has us all cracking up...

5 comments:

Tim said...

Is this one of those stories where someone says, "...and I was that little girl"?


Can anyone guess who it was?

Kim said...

Ian really does tell good stories. He can make anything sound hilarious.

Does Xander still read your blog? I'm wondering how he feels about you telling everyone he peed a little.

Teresa said...

Now we know where your boys get their craziness from...

Becca said...

Nice new playlist.

Tim said...

Dang! I finally say something nice to someone, and it shows it as 'Becca'. Is that karma?