Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Why don't you cut off my right arm while you're at it...


Yesterday my computer monitor refused to turn on. I saw this coming...the monitor has been very tempermental lately. And I made the mistake of turning it off, so now it won't come on. Yesterday was hard. Because I can be without the t.v. or without my phone. But no computer feels like one of my children is missing. I even dreamt last night that my monitor was working and all was right in my world.

Late last night I had to lug my old monitor down from the upstairs. It is super heavy and very big. And not very bright (in more ways than one). But it works. Oh the joy that came in my heart when I saw the screen gradually brighten! I had 35 e-mails! And I could read them all! Life is good again.

P.S. Does anyone know anyone who fixes computer monitors?

P.P.S. What can't you live without?

15 comments:

Lexie & Sharrid said...

I don't know anyone who fixes computer moniters but if worst comes to worst, look for a new one on Craigslist.

I can't live without online banking.period.

Brian said...

Dr. Pepper!!! And my DVR.

Teresa said...

CAFFEINE!

Christy said...

Last week, the kids hit a button on the monitor which I thought caused the computer to crash... it's our "second" computer in the family room that we haven't had set up for very long, but I was amazed that for 4-5 days (until Eric could figure out the problem) how much I missed it. I dreaded having to trudge up the stairs for information that I could get in 10 seconds on my family room junkie computer. Sad, I know... I'm right there with you! Thank goodness Eric fixed it for free and it was just a wrong setting on the monitor!

Jamie said...

My computer. I had to be without it for a week when it crachsed a few years ago. It was almost the hardest week of my life.

Tim said...

We sold our last place with our beautiful flat screen TV. It has been nine months now, and we still don't have a television. But that's not what I miss. My pants - now, those I miss (when they are missing). I hate going to work in uncomfortable slacks when all of my good trousers are in the laundry.

top knot extensions said...

Isnt is so funny how dependent we become on technology?!!! I cant live with out my blackberry!!! I forgot it at home for like an hour and I broke out in a cold sweat and everything!!! I have issues!!

Brian said...

Also, I have an old flat panel monitor that you can have if it will work with your computer.

Amanda said...

Once the internet connection went down for like 2 hours in the middle of the day. I almost became suicidal. So I feel for you.

There are so many things I can't live without! I can't even narrow it down.

Joe said...

I can't live without the computer, t.v., my iPod touch, and icees!!!

Kim said...

The computer is definitely up there on the list. Music too. Also, I can't live without sonic ice and ginger ale. I am seriously addicted.

Tim said...

Brian, you should get help for Kim. Maybe an intervention? Good luck.

LauraB said...

Dave.

LauraB said...

Uh, that's for the second question - I know he's good, but I'm not sure about computer monitors!

ducklips said...

I hate being without my computer. How else would I waste time? I also hate not having a car. When Steve used to drive to work and it was occasionally to wet to take his bike I would go crazy. I feel like my freedom has evaporated. Also, I really miss having a tv in my room. I used to hate having any noise in my room at night, and now it seems I just need something to wind down.