Saturday was the boys' last soccer games. Xander was out of town, so we only had Ben and Max's games to go to (and their end-of-season parties). Ben had a great season and showed lots of improvement at the end. He loved his coaches and the players on his team. After Max's game, Max's team headed to Peter Piper Pizza. You all know how our family feels about that place. I think we would eat there for every meal if we could.
Max received his first ever trophy. To say he was excited was an understatement. I had to pry the trophy from his hand and convince him to put it in a safe place (safe from Evan that is). Ian said that at his last game the coach from the opposing team kept telling his team to "Run down field!" and Max would yell, "don't run down field!" Then the opposing coach would yell, "Kick it to the goal!" and Max would scream back, "Don't kick it toward the goal!" I'm sorry I missed that.
Evan has become even more attached to his binkie lately. I should care, but I don't. That binkie has saved my life (or rather kept me sane). The boys and I were cracking up and what he was doing with his binkie at Peter Piper. It almost looks like he's using it to pick his nose.

Tonight we all chilled out together and watched "Kung-Fu Panda". Xander made it home safe and sound (yeah!). I find it interesting that all 4 kids want to sit by me. I guess I should be flattered instead of annoyed. Ian had the big couch all to himself - the lucky dog.

After the movie, Evan was acting goofy. I heard Ian say, "Where are your pants and diaper?" and the next thing I knew Evan was on my lap, half naked and threw his diaper on me. We might have to bust out Ian's duct tape to keep it on. He hates wearing a diaper.

It was a good weekend.
7 comments:
I wish I could have been there for Max and Ben's last soccer games. It sounds like they had a fun season.
I love the picture of you and the boys on the couch.
Kung-Fu Panda rocks!
Ben has the dreamist eyes!!! That's what the girls are going to melt over - the eyes will get them every time!
Ben does have dreamy eyes.
So now that you've been to all the parties to you get a little down time?
Did you get your hair cut?
I did get my hair cut. It was badly needed.
I love taking my kids to the lunch buffet at Peter Piper Pizza... I don't love the continual begging for tokens that goes on at those kind of places...
We loved Kung Fu Panda too... the ending was totally predictable, but Jack Black was so funny regardless of the predictable plot!
Handsome Ben. That is what I am going to call him.
Handsome handsome Ben.
You guys like Peter Piper? I didn't know that. Just kidding. On more than one occasion I have heard myself say, "I wish we could just go to Peter Piper." We would take full advantage if we had one.
I love the picture of you and the boys on the couch...how sweet!
When my youngest figured out how to take her diaper off, I was in the middle of a "sell things on eBay" phase. I used to wrap a couple of layers of Priority Mail tape around her to keep the diaper on. Not kidding. :)
Lucky Xander...glad he had a good time!
Post a Comment