I was in a little bit of a funk today, missing Xander, stressing about money when my mom called and invited me and the boys to dinner at Serranos. Woohoo! The only problem is, Evan is horrendous whenever we go out. Think lots of throwing with tons of screaming. But Ben and Max were way too excited for us not to go. When we approached the entrance to the restaurant and Evan started screaming, I felt myself sinking deeper into my funk. Drowning, if you will.
As the hostess was leading us to our booth it occured to me to let Evan sit with us in the booth instead of wrestling him in the highchair. It was the best idea I've had in a long, long time. He was so good! I mean he did stand up the whole time. And he did drip salsa everywhere. And use the back of the booth as his own personal table. And he did grab a chicken tender out of Ben's hand and eat it. But those are little things compared to the throwing and the screaming. Which there was none of. Too bad I'm a lame-oh and didn't get a picture.
Thank you, mom. You are the best!
4 comments:
I am a HUGE fan of cornering them in the booth, room to move but contained. We've been boothing it for a while now.
Oh yeah. High chairs suck. All they are for G is an object to use to fall on his head. I don't even attempt it anymore. Booster seats are a waste of time too. Unless your kid sits completely still, they are more a danger than a help.
Awesome! We haven't tried Serrano's yet... but if they serve chicken tenders for kids, that's already a bonus!
The booth worked for a while for us, then Rowan learned you can climb under the table and out into the big world!
Post a Comment