Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving

I spent Wednesday afternoon and evening baking. Here are the results of my efforts: a luscious apple pie (recipe courtesy of Pioneer Woman) and homemade rolls (recipe courtesy of my mother). My boys were so excited for the rolls - they are their favorite.


This morning I ran the Turkey Trot with Lisa and Tricia. Sheez, I look rough - I can't believe I went out in public like that. Oh well, we had fun. Until my knees started hurting. But I still finished with an o.k. time (for me, that is).
Below is a picture of Evan stealing my piece of Meg's homemade cranberry upside-down cake (delicious by the way). It is the only picture I took at our Thanksgiving Feast at Ian's parents house. Man, I am lame. I didn't even jump up and get the camera when Sean and Meg announced they are expecting. I was too busy screaming. For joy. The dinner was awesome, as usual. My mother in law is one excellent cook. I think my stomach doubled in size. And that was before the pie. Mmmm...pie.
Tomorrow we are heading up north to the Lodge. We are all hoping for snow. Happy Thanksgiving!

5 comments:

ducklips said...

I hope you get snow too. There was hail all over our yard when we got home from Popito's house. It was so much fun to be covered in white.

Congratulations to Sean and his wife. That is very exciting.

OurHappyFamily said...

Yum... your food looks delish (nice work) and good job for running the turkey trot! Wish I could of seen ya!

Teresa said...

Your posts keep making me hungry!

Amanda said...

I thought you said you weren't a runner. So you are a runner, and you are modest. Man, you are awesome. Happy Thanksgiving!

tsumomi said...

I want some of those rolls. They look yummy!