Tomorrow at 4:26 am Evan will turn 2. My boys keep telling me that when Evan turns 2 he will officially be a toddler. And not my baby. They just don't know. I try telling them that all of them are still my babies but they think I'm being silly. Until I pick them up and hold them like a baby and kiss their heads...and then they think I'm just plain weird.
Evan has brought so much joy to my life. When I see him lying on his stomach with his hands craddling his chin - I want to stop time. Or when he grabs my face and kisses me sloppily. Again and again. Or when his arms clasp around my neck and he holds on tight when he is frightened. I love the feel of his little hand in mine. Or the way his chubby cheeks jiggle when I plant a kiss on them. There are so many things about him that I don't want to forget. I love that he has bonded with each of his brothers. Xander is his protector. Ben is his comforter. And Max is his playmate.
Evan is full of energy. He is 110% all day long. If it is too quiet I panic. And find him in Xander's Halloween candy with a blue mouth and wrappers clinging to his chin. Grinning. Or in the bathroom. With a truck in the toliet. Or on the kitchen counter. Emptying chocolate chips on the floor. And as frustrated as I get, I can't resist his giggle at being caught.
I don't want to forget how he says, "Max! Where are you?" or "Truck!" or "Infinity...beyond!" or "Max hurt!" (meaning Max just hurt him). He is talking a mile a minute, learning new things all the time. Sometimes I just want to freeze time...and hold him like a baby.
P.S. In the time it took me to write this post Evan emptied out all of Roxy's food (our chinchilla), shoved 3 d.v.d's into our VCR and started to take apart the downstairs refridgerator.


9 comments:
Sheri, there's always the thought of having another one - then you'd have a baby AND a toddler to go with your school boys!!
I haven't had a 2 year old in what seems like forever and I wasn't very good at appreciating it at the time either. I wish I would have done as well as you do.
I got to spend some time with my almost 2 year old nephew today and it was so fun. Little boys are awesome.
Happy Birthday cute little Evan Trezise!!! You are so dang cute and awesome!
Happy Birthday Evan!!!
Evan is adorable. He is so full of life and energy. Happy Birthday!
You're an awesome mom. Happy 2nd Evan!
You had him at 4:26 AM? That doesn't sound fun.
Thanks for making me cry! Evan is so cute. They do grow up too fast. That's why I take a TON of pictures. It freezes them in time.
I love Evan's giggle too.
I LOVE that picture of Evan and the boys legs that could be in a magazine!!!
I feel the same way about Brayden. Because he is my last baby, I want to enjoy his craziness instead of spending all my days being annoyed by it... ok, I still get annoyed, but it's hard to stay mad when they are so darn cute, huh?
Post a Comment