Jared came over to jam with Xander before the party. I'm not going to lie, I love raising a little rock star.


It occurred to me on Friday as I was sitting in the Sonic drive-thru that not only was Tuesday my mom's birthday, but HOLY COW! it was her 60th birthday (sorry mom - but most everyone knew anyway). So of course, we had to do something. I quickly called Tricia and she agreed to have it at her house and to put together a slide show. Kim agreed to help with the present, make treats and help organize. I started making phone calls.
Yesterday we all got together for the surprise. And she was surprised! Highlights included:
Jared's red velvet bundt cake with cream cheese filling
Tricia's slide show - complete with facts from 1948 (the year mom was born)
Kim's "How well do you know mom?" quiz - my dad was determined to win
Ro, Evan and Joshua playing with the dogs (sorry - no pictures)
5 comments:
patience!! I will get you the pics! It was a lot of fun!
The party was fun, the compilation of pictures Tricia did was amazing and I think we're ready for a REALLY big party on her 70th now!!
That looks like so much fun, I'm sorry I missed it! You all should be commended for throwing it together.
It was fun. Tricia did a fabulous job on that slide show. I want a copy. Jared's cake was yum. I don't really like red velvet cake, but when you put cheesecake in it and top it with chocolate frosting it becomes magically delicious.
Doesn't mom look glam in her birthday bling?
so cute- nice job party planner!
hey btw where did you find these star glasses? I had this idea over a year ago to feature someone on my blog once a week or so that I thought was a star and photograph them in star glasses, but because i couldn't find the glasses I gave up on the idea.
think higley town hero- that's my plan once I get me some star glasses.
Post a Comment