

Pictures from pipsqueak's birthday on Thursday....
On Sunday after church we headed over to the Ganems to BBQ and have a bake-off. We had two recipes to test - one for butterscotch brownies and one for red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese frosting. Both turned out stellar. Tayler polled everyone and the brownies won, but I liked the cupcakes better.

The boys swam while the women folk baked.


The fruits of our labor (we also had chicken and shrimp shishkabobs (sp?) - the kids devoured the shrimp...who knew?):



It was a crazy busy weekend and I am sicker than a dog today.
Does anyone know what movie this is from: "Blaine - that's not a name, that's an appliance"?
Tiffany was astounded when Jason, Ian and I had no idea...no cheating...just let us know if you know - you know?
19 comments:
I believe that line is from "Pretty in Pink" right?
Sounds like a fun weekend!
Way to go Chris. Yes it is. Anyway, Sheri, did you like the cupcakes better because that was your entry? Just wondering.
Actually Tiffany helped with both, so we couldn't do separate entries. It was fun to bake from scratch.
Post that brownie reciepe. Can I join your family? You guys have so much fun.
I want a brownie and a shiskabob! Looks so good!
The butterscotch brownies sound fabulous. I'm sure the cupcakes were good too, I'm just not a huge fan of red velvet cake. The cream cheese frosting sounds good.
OK, I am officially hungry now! BTW, Kevin mentioned that you had some news to share, is this true?
See Sheri, lots of people know that movie. I am not the weird one, but 3 of you are.
Yesterday was fun. I am still undecided on which treat was my favorite. So I will just eat both.
Sheri - how can you grow up in the 80's and not know that movie? Sounds like a good time - I think I probably would've liked the cupcakes better.
Tiffany -miss movie buff. i guarantee i've seen more than you my dear. so just cuz u quote a movie you watched last week doesn't mean that much.
the "Brat Pack" dvd pack that i have has The Breakfast Club, Sixteen Candles, and Weird Science. okay, these are good and
Pretty in Pink is not!
and..
Jamie, it has been since the 80's since we have seen it...which was what 20-30 years ago? are you telling me that you remembered that line from the 80's when your momma was changing you. no, i think you too have seen it recently. come clean.
What about???? The Goonies, Highlander, Caddyshack, Raising Arizona, Karate Kid, The Lost Boys, Stripes, Poltergeist, Breaking Away, Brewster's Millions, Stand By Me, Dead Poet's Society, Army of Darkness, The Natural, Can't Buy Me Love.
I could go on but it will get embarassing and i am so old now that i'm not even sure if these were eighties movies. i thought of cloak & dagger and turk 182 but those are getting too obscure. so this is the new game... name some u remember. im curious to see what everybody was into back then.
That is so Pretty in Pink. How could you miss that one? Even I knew it.
Don't mock Pretty in Pink!
We had red velvet cupcakes a few days ago. I wonder if we used the same recipe. I used a foodnetwork one. I wonder if I could give you more useless information. Hmmm... probably, but I will spare you.
Oh, I didn't know that line either. Not really surprising though. I can quote from Dodge Ball. That is about it.
"Fatty made a funny"
Ian, seems we have struck a nerve. Are you the only one who can quote movies now?
I have a couple of thoughts:
-I haven't seen that movie in years.
-I certainly didn't watch the movie when it first came out
-And what is with naming movies you have seen, that is just just getting desperate.
Ian, I liked Say Anything and Better Off Dead. I loved John Cusak. How about Some Kind of Wonderful? I wanted to be Mary Stuart Masterson. I also loved Benny and Joon. How about Girls Just Wanna Have Fun- a young Helen Hunt and Sara Jessica Parker and lots of Dancing. I remember Jared watching Breakin' a lot, and Sheri was totally into Dirty Dancing. I'm surprised that one got past my mom's censor.
We also liked Can't Buy Me Love -another one I can't believe got past the censor. Dead Poet's Society is one of my favorite movies of all time. Also, the Princess Bride. That was the only movie we were allowed to watch on Sunday, so we watched it A LOT.
I've never seen Pretty in Pink or 16 Candles all the way through. I've seen bits and pieces on tv though.
It's fun to go back and think about all of the old cheesy movies we used to love. This was fun.
tiff, um... i think you missed the point of me naming some actual good movies from the 80's. i was asking if people could name a few of theirs, and i would see if i agreed that they were decent choices. nothing desperate. that would be your failed try at saying jim sturgess is ugly and looks just like michael phelps the other nite u were over.
thank you Kim!
you actually understood what i was saying after i defended Sheri and i not knowing quotes from pretty in pink.
Kim im glad you never made it through those movies either. although all those movies(the St. Elmos Fire crew) had awesome music in them.
i agree totally with your list Kim. Captain, my Captain..good stuff!
...and yes john cusak is king and gross point blank has great music.
I liked Pretty in Pink. It's just my memory is shot. I can't even remember what I did yesterday, much less a line from a movie.
Ian let the Jim Sturgess thing go. I don't find him at all attractive. Why do you act like that is an insult against you personally? I mean it's not like someone told you that you looked like a cross between Sarah Silverman and Kate Beckinsale's ugly sister, right? Because that would be REALLY RUDE.
Post a Comment