Wednesday, August 13, 2008
A regular occurence
Why does it seem like I'm the only one who can find anything in this house? Yesterday was a prime example. A few weeks back Ian got an X-Box 360 (I don't want to talk about it). Since he got it off E-bay, it came with lots of extras. Yesterday he discovered that one of the games that came with the system was missing. Chaos ensued. He banned all the boys from playing the X-Box until the game was found. Never mind that we all knew who the culprit was (cough, Evan, cough). Ian turned the house upside down looking for this game.
I had so much to do yesterday that I was kind of oblivious to it all. I did hear the whines and complaints, but blocked most of it out. I had to go to a PTA meeting last night and I came home later to a sad scene. Xander was curled on the couch crying. Ben and Max, with red-rimmed eyes ran up to me and proceeded to "tell" on Ian. Apparently Ian had went around the house looking for the game, emptying drawers, etc and then told the kids to clean it up....sigh.
We finally get everyone in bed and I'm busy printing something on the computer when a thought occurs to me. I go over to the DVD player and cable box and lift the cable box up. Sure enough, underneath the box and on top of the DVD player was the game. (Evan has a fascination with the DVD player - he sticks DVDs and Cd's on top of it all the time). Ian stares......then screams, "WHAT THE....? I MADE THE BOYS' NIGHT A LIVING HELL AND YOU JUST WALTZ IN AND FIND IT?"
Peace restored.
Posted by
Sheri
at
6:55 PM
Labels: a day in the life
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
Seriously, look at that face!!!
And that, folks, is the power of THE MOM!! Be in awe and give it the recognition it deserves!
I was going to try to be funny and ask what the ... was in Ian's quote, but I don't want to go there again.
I am laughed for a few reasons on this post.
1) "I don't want to talk about it"
way to stop that topic. for no reason to the rest of us at all, but now I am entirely too interested in talking about it.
2) mom radar. I sort of like the ability I have to find anything and everything Mike is looking for. Toothpick from last week, (lick finger, stick in air, look up to ceiling like checking radars)- then pull it from behind his ear like a magic trick.
3) ian freaking out overboard for a game. mike is like this when Zane TOUCHES one of his books (although I am sure when the boys are old enough it will be the same with video games). I remember trying so hard not to laugh when he came home to find his top 5 favorites placed in a line on the floor and used as a 'bridge' when zane was pretending to be diego or dora the explorer.
I don't think it is possible for you to find a better picture of Evan to go with this post.
It really is amazing how much more the mom's know about the kids and the way the house works. And the Dad's THINK they know just as much but honestly we spend how many more hours dealing with it? It's our job and we're good at it. Okay, maybe that's just my house.
Now it's the boys turn to wreck the house and make IAN clean it up!! Until he's curled up on the couch in the fetal position begging for it to stop. You and I can go shopping while this takes place. For new shoes, of course and we'll shop until we equal the amount spent on the X-Box 360. Let me know your schedule.
you girls are so funny.
1.I told sheri to post this because i thought it was funny. so stop with the comments like we need to go shopping becuz ian plays so much xbox.
2.I never play video games-ask sheri if u dont believe. heck i just bought this cuz sheri said they should have it for christmas so i shopped around and gave it to them in the summer. i got a brand new xbox 360 with two wireless controllers, xboxlive, headphones, two guitars with guitar hero 3 and six other games for under $300.and it plays half of their old xbox games that had been collecting dust due to broken xbox.
3.i checked that stinking dvd player and the all tv locations first! the problem was he shoved it under the dvd and vcr, not into the slot...and sheri went right to it lifted it up and said "is this what u r looking for?" very suspicious!
... and lastly i did make them clean because they were acting like they were dying trying to find this thing. "oh i can't feel my legs. im calling 911 for child abuse. this is slavery." were all direct quotes from my kids. so i said look in every drawer and space and check everywhere in their rooms. when i came back in it had looked worse than ever so i said "your rooms are a mess, clean them up." that drove them crazy. it was half in jest though. xander then somehow smashed his fingers in his door on accident and i asked if he was alright and what happened. he told me with tears in his eyes. so i looked at him and said "ouch!!! hey did u find that disk yet?" he didn't laugh at my joke at all.
that is the cutest pic of evan eh? he always watches tv like that. especially iCarly.
anytime, Kayla. I do need new church shoes.
Great story! They would never survive without mom.
The problem with the perpetrator is that he is too cute to be mad at. I love that picture, it goes great with the story. How come no pictures of the sad red-eyed boys?
I guess I am not a very good mom, because I always loose things and can't find them. Sigh, but I can find things when I tell Darrel where they are but for some reason he still can't find them. I can find those things!
I am the same way Ian. I will hunt for the darned remote for an hour instead of just getting up and changing the channel. Then Merilee will come in and say "Oh, it's right here on the desk"... oh the frustration!
Wow...your house is so much like mine! Evan and Gracie...two peas in a pod. Grace loves to put her "DDD" in the player by herself. Most of the disks are now scratched.
Post a Comment