So now that I've started this Music Monday...I kind of hate it. Because now I have to do it. Uggg. I'm thinking of actually not doing it and just posting about music when the mood strikes. So that might be once a week or 5 times a week or once a month. Also I thought Ian would be doing some of th
e posts and since he's not...
So...today was crazy busy. Tonight we all headed over to Darrel & Trina's for Rowan's 2nd birthday party. He's such a cute and quirky boy. Ro did such a great job blowing out the candles and opening presents. He's growing up too fast! I feel so lucky that Evan has cousins his age. I loved growing up with my cousin Wendy. It was the best. I'm glad my boys have that opportunity too.
It frustrates me to no end when my boys pick on each other. I always tell them, "Friends come and go...but families are together forever!" I know growing up I loved having my sister Kim. In college we had so much fun hanging out, sharing clothes and double dating. I want my boys to have that kind of relationship with each other. If they don't kill each other first...
So last night when Xander was running around Ben & Max's room telling them all about the superhero he made up, I didn't want to make him go to bed. They were all giggling and taking turns coming up with "powers" for the superhero. It makes me so happy that even though they annoy the heck out of each other, they still like each other. If only these moments weren't few and far between.
9 comments:
Yeah I agree, I think Chloe, Mikayla, Beckham, and Melanie are sooo lucky.
Ian, when are you going to post?
My mom used to ALWAYS say that. Those exact same words. Boy did they get to my nerves when I was a teenager but it certainly is true.
I'm right there with you Sheri, that's why I changed it to Music "whenever I feel like it" Day.
I loved having my siblings to grow up with. We got into some whopper fights when we were younger, but they were always my best friends. I think your boys will turn out that way because they can see how important family is to you and see your example of how close you are to yours.
I often have the same worry though and hear myself saying almost the exact same thing to my kids.
I'm thankful for Joe having cousins close to his same age. It's really hard for him not to have a brother. I know your boys fight sometimes, but they have their good moments too, and when they get older, they will appreciate each other more.
I loved having you as a sister too. It was so much fun. Of course, who couldn't have fun around you? You are awesome! Good times!
I always say, "We are supposed to be each other's best friends." They roll their eyes at me.
Chris will be so envious of that confetti cake. It's his fave. And, I agree siblings are good.
So sweet. I love that they entertain each other.
My mom and dad would always say that to us growing up. Ha! Isn't funny how we kind of turn into them. Ahhh!
Post a Comment