Sunday, August 25, 2013
This kid
I had a whole series of pictures on my phone to go with this post...but Max found them and erased them. So this one will have to do.
Last week Ian and I started to go through this blog from the beginning. There were so many funny stories and quotes regarding Max. And the coolest thing is that he's the same..only bigger. And smarter. He amazes me every day. He is sarcastic. Clever. Inquisitive. Smart. Competitive. With a temper like nobody's business.
A few weeks ago we were driving up to the cabin and Max and Evan were fighting in the back. Ian yelled, "Stop being a moron Max!" To which Max replied, "Oh, look who's talking. It's master moron. Who do you think I learned my moves from? You, sen-say moran." Max always has a come back and he will always get the last word.
He questions EVERYTHING. If I ask him to do something it's always, "Why?" and he really wants an answer. Even if it's something he has to do every day. He wants to know why??? It's frustrating..yet I think that's part of the reason he's so smart. He questions everything.
He's at the top of his class in every subject. Last year his teacher told me that it's uncommon for a kid to be strong in all subjects. Usually if they are strong in reading and writing, then they struggle bit in math. Max excels at everything. It's rare for him to bring a paper home that isn't 95% or above. I'm not bragging (ok..maybe a little) it's just I'm in awe. He's alot like my brother Jared is in that respect. Book smarts come easy.
Max also has a kind side to him.
He is so sweet with his cousins - especially Ruby. She loves him and follows him around and he's so awesome with her. One night when she was leaving our house she whispered to me, "Can we take Max?". I love that she loves him so much.
I love that there are so many sides to Max. And I love that he always surprises me. And can always make me laugh. He's an awesome kid.
P.S. when he read the post from Tuesday about Ben, Max said, "If Ben is your hero...what does that make me...your villian???"