Monday, August 5, 2013

First Day

 July 22 was these boys first day of school.  It should've been Xander's first day too but he likes to be different so he didn't actually start until the 25th.  I want to document that I spent the whole week before school started getting the boys ready.  This included buying Ben real shorts.  Like NOT exercise shorts.  Yet here he is on the first day in a pair of old exercise shorts.  Sigh.  I asked Evan how excited he was for the first day and he said "This much" (see picture below)
 And speaking of Evan...how crazy is it that he started 1st grade!  Seriously crazy.  And sad.  All at the same time.  Where does the time go?  Ben started 8th grade and Max is now a 4th grader - which is the top grade at their school.  So Max rules the school :)  His teacher is the same teacher that Ben and Xander had for 4th grade.  At first he wasn't too excited but after being in her class for 2 weeks he is really enjoying her sense of humor.  Max can do and understand sarcasm like nobody's business.
We are already into the 3rd week and all of the boys are doing well (so far).  Evan loves his teacher and likes school (sort of - we still have to drag him out of bed in the morning).  Max likes school and loves playing football with his friends at recess.  Ben and his friend Ian both made the Bogle football team.  Ben loves his social studies teacher, Mr. Daniels and likes being a 8th grader much better than a 7th grader.

As for Xander..he started Chandler High School, his mother's alma mater.  He likes it so far.  What he likes most is going to school with Joe and Michael.  I must say that I like that too.  His favorite classes are choir (which he has with Joe and Michael) and Seminary.  He also likes culinary - I'm hoping this means he will cooks dinner every once in a while.

I'm hopeful that I'm going to be a much better blogger.  Let's get this party started!!!