Monday, May 2, 2011

Out of towners

A few weeks ago, we had some friends come into town. I always love it when they come because we all go out and have a great time. I've known some of these peeps since grade school (maybe before that?) and there's something awesome about hanging out with people who know me so well. The only other person (besides my family) who I can hang with like that is Tiffany.



Anyhow, we started the night off at Oreganos. Ian couldn't come (he had to work) so afterward I invited everyone over to play the "bloomin' onion of death". At least that's what we call it. I don't know what it's really called.

It involves holding onto metals handles and getting shocked. Yep, getting shocked. It's really not as bad as it sounds...right, Steve?

Ian has owned the game for years and I've always avoided playing it. I decided it was time I played. It's weird. And fun. But what makes it the most fun is when you play with Ian. He has a sick love for the game and it's hilarious.



I think Ian and Elise played the longest, but I did play quite a few rounds too.

We had to kick Ian off it for a little while because he kept putting the setting on "extreme" which is just what it sounds like. Extreme.




Ben and Max had friends over and pretty soon they wanted to play. Or rather Max and Liam wanted to play. Christian and Ben have wayyy too much common sense to play.


Those boys were braver than some of the adults!



It was a fun night. And it made me wish that we all lived closer.




P.S. Steve - I just noticed that you successfully avoided getting in any of the pictures. As did Marc and Ginger. Dang it!

No comments: