When Ian and I first got together, it took us a little while to have our first kiss. He kept teasing me about it - he'd kiss my ear or my cheek. It drove me crazy.
I think that was the idea.
One night, right before he was due to go on a snowboard trip, he kissed me for the first time in the basement of my parent's house. He left to go snowboarding the next day and it all felt like a dream.
The day he got home he called me. He said, "I had a dream that before I left I kissed the most beautiful girl in the world."
Sometimes I think about that and it makes me smile.
He doesn't buy me the best presents. He doesn't remember my birthday, our anniversary or mother's day like I think he should.
The other day we were at church and he looked over at me and said, "I can't believe the most beautiful girl in this room is my wife."
When it comes down to it, I know he loves me. And that's the best present I could ever ask for.
P.S. Ian says every time he hears this song he thinks of me. :)