Thursday, May 5, 2011

I now have a teenager (yikes!)

So...I had been beating myself up that my teenage boy had a co-ed birthday party until I read this post: http://almostfamouslisa.blogspot.com/2011/04/i-have-teenage-son-and-i-still-make-him.html
Let me tell you that I really wish that I had read that post before the party. Then it might not have been the disaster it was. I totally blame myself for lack of planning. And for the fact that I was feeling sorry for myself that day which led me to be a sub-par party host at best.


Thank goodness for my uber awesome sister, Kim. A little bit ago my mom and I were having a conversation and my mom pointed out how lucky I am to have a sister who loves me, thinks I'm cool and will do anything for me. It's true. She's that awesome. And she stayed the whole party - as moral support and as my go-to person. I love you Kim!

Anyhow, we had the party at the park. It consisted of donuts, pizza, drinks and ice-blocking. The girls ice blocked for a whole 25 minutes.

The party lasted 2 1/2 hours. You do the math.

If you have a bunch of boys you can give them a ball and they will be happy for hours. Girls? Not so much. The entertaining part was hard.

I learned lots of lessons. The most important being: next time I will actually know the people he's inviting. But all in all it turned out o.k. because Xander had a great time. And that's what matters...right?