I love to eavesdrop on my children's conversations. It gives me great insight on the job I am doing as their parent. Most of the time it's all good. However, there are those other times...
Today we took Alexander to soccer practice and stayed for the whole hour and a half (dang coach made us). Ben quickly made friends with another boy and Max tagged along. Ben and Matt (the new friend) are swinging and talking about their families.
"I have 3 brothers!"
"No way! I have 3 brothers too!"
"I was born in December!"
"No way! I was born in December!"
"I'm the second boy and I love Star Wars!"
"Me too - o.k....this is crazy....we're like twins!" (that was Ben)
Pause (the wheels are turning)
"My dad is mean!" (Ben again)
"No way! My dad is mean too!"
"Yeah, but does he thump you on the head when you are being too loud?"
I laughed the whole way home. And couldn't wait to tell Ian.
On an unrelated side note: Notice the size of Ben's feet. Holy sausages Batman!
4 comments:
Sometimes we all need a good thump every now and then
HAHAHAHAHA! Sheri: 1 Ian: 0
When my kids have that conversation, it will be me! Mike always gets to be the good guy. It's annoying.
This was great. It's funny how kids can connect through "mean parents".
Poor Ben, he looks so sad in that picture. I don't get it. It's obviously a holiday, he sitting there with a pile of money - what is there to be sad about?
One word: Xander
Post a Comment