Monday, August 4, 2008

Why I Stopped at 4

Girl accidentally left at airport
by Angie Felton Aug 4th 2008 2:00PM

Luggage? Check!
Boarding pass? Check!
Liquids and lotions properly distilled or stowed? Check!
Passports and proper identification at the ready? Check and check!
Duty-free shopping present and accounted for? Check!
All your children boarded and buckled on the plane? Uh-oh.


In frightening repeat of the toddler who was accidentally left behind in a Canadian airport when traveling with his parents and grandparents, a four-year-old was found wandering around a Tel Aviv airport when her family accidentally took off on a Parisian vacation without her. The parents of the girl were apparently overwhelmed because in addition to traveling with five children, they were reportedly wrangling a staggering EIGHTEEN suitcases. Until the pilot informed the family (over the loudspeaker for maximum embarrassment, ouch!) that their child had been left at the airport, they hadn't even noted she was missing.

Can you believe it? Some people shouldn't even be parents! I mean really! I've only left Evan in the car once and it was winter. And I totally remembered him like 10 minutes later...

I locked Max in the car with the keys inside and him in his car seat. But the windows were cracked! He was fine! And I knew where he was the whole time!

And I've only lost Ben that one time. So he rode his bike across Alma School in rush hours. He's fine now. He doesn't even remember it.

IT'S NOT THE SAME!

P.S. No music Monday...I need to finish this book already!

10 comments:

Amanda said...

What book? (hee hee hee)

Methodical Wormer said...

At first I was shocked and amazed. Ok, I still am I guess.

I guess that settles it. When taking a Parisian vacation. Leave the kids at home!

tsumomi said...

I read this article about the parents leaving the kid. They had been on the plane for 40 minutes. What the hell? That is just crazy. I mean I could see 5 minutes but 40?

Teresa said...

Thanks Sheri. I feel better about all the dumbass stuff I do with Jack. Just this morning I found him eating paint! Great mother I am!

Becca said...

Oh how awful! And yes finish the book already!

Anonymous said...

Have you ever seen Home Alone. Hey, it can happen.

Kim said...

Now you are going to have to leave Alex somewhere so he can join in the "remember when mom left me" stories.

I know we have quite a few of those thanks to mom and dad over the years.

Did you finish the book yet? What did you think?

Christy said...

This story makes me feel like a better mom... thanks... I needed that! :)

Merilee said...

18 suitcases is pretty overwhelming.✌

LauraB said...

OR...Alex can say "Mom loves me best 'cause she never left me anywhere!"