Friday, July 11, 2008

Captain's Log Stardate: 7.11.2008














My dad usually cuts my boys' hair. Ian is too much of an artist to do it (when he doesn't reach perfection he'll just shave their heads). But dear dad has been slaving away to finish The Lodge and the boys' hair was atrocious. Ben was getting dreadlocks - even though I made him wash his hair every other day. Xander had helmet head and Evan looked like a little Dutch boy. So off to Snip-Its we go. And snip-it we did. Of course, Max had to get a hair cut too - he can't be left out. It went surprisingly well. Xander even opted for a purple faux hawk. The other boys were too chicken. Personally, I like Evan's cut the best - where has my baby gone (sniff, sniff)?
After we headed over to the Ganems for some pool time. We all had a splendid time eating, hangin' at the pool, eating again and watching t.v. Us girls watched Project Runway. I might be addicted - it was FIERCE! Evan kept us entertained during commercials with random dances, playing trucks, giggle fits and head drops - as I like to call them. The weight of his head sometimes overwhelms him and he has to drop in half - "downward dog" style.

I'm tired so there will be no cake today - but I will post the recipe on the other blog when I get around to it...so maybe never. The rain was nice - don't cha think? Although the humidity - not so nice.

Ben's ear infection seems to be getting better - not nearly as much whining today - but still enough to know he's not over it yet.

Xander was quite pleasant today except for some whining about some video game he is dying to get but we don't even have the system required to play the game. Arguments with that kid are like a circle - they never end and never get resolved.

Max was a little onery but he and Liam were like peas in a pod mostly. I enjoyed watching Liam "teach" Max how to swim. According to Liam, Max made it to the final Finals. Max also has these little bursts of anger sometimes that I'm hoping he'll grow out of.

Ahhh, crap! I forgot they had free slurpees at 7-11 today.

11 comments:

Jen said...

Nice hair cuts! Wow I'm jealous of your very busy day. We would love to get out of here and do something fun. We didn't even make it to 7-11 :(.

We will be emailing for a playdate soon. He so needs friends right now.

Kristen said...

I love the purple!!!

Amanda said...

We got TWO free Slurpees today!

Sheri said...

I'm looking at those pictures and my two older boys look like ragmuffins. I should've made Ben change his shirt. He's been wearing it since Monday.

Teresa said...

Those are some good looking boys you have there. Future heartbreakers!

And, I love the purple!

tsumomi said...

Rock the hawk. Josh will love it. He is still sporting his. The boys look great. We got our slurpee's lastnight at 11:30 pm before the time ran out. They were pretty much a rip off. Gave you special EXTRA SMALL cups.

Kim said...

Is the purple permanent? It looks cool. I wish I could get my boy to cut his hair.

Unknown said...

I LOVE the hair cuts. I seriously am going drastic too on Sat. maybe ill follow Zan and go purple!!

LauraB said...

Yeah, and did you forget to dress like a cow and get a free Sandwich at Chik-Fil-A??

Sheri said...

I didn't even know about that!

top knot extensions said...

I LOVE hair cut day... I am sort of crazy about it!!! My poor boys but I really do love having their hair look perfectly trimmed. It really can drive me crazy if its not!!!